Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Death of an Innocent Black Child

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Death of an Innocent Black Child

    When the innocent die, the church needs to ask if it's doing enough. http://deeperwaters.wordpress.com/20...t-black-child/

  • #2
    Many of the same people who cry "murder" when someone black is killed by police, are the same ones who take their girlfriends to the abortion clinic when she ends up pregnant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Many of the same people who cry "murder" when someone black is killed by police
      Fixed.
      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

      I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

      Comment


      • #4
        Is it still about the eighteen year old? Wasn't their some twelve year old that got killed because the police thought his toy gun was real?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Is it still about the eighteen year old? Wasn't their some twelve year old that got killed because the police thought his toy gun was real?
          The protests are more broadly about police treatment of black people, but they were sparked by the eighteen year old's death, yes. (I think one reason the case with the 12 year old hasn't resulted in mass protests is because the officer in that case is black.)

          Of course, AP's post isn't really about either of these.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            The protests are more broadly about police treatment of black people, but they were sparked by the eighteen year old's death, yes. (I think one reason the case with the 12 year old hasn't resulted in mass protests is because the officer in that case is black.)

            Of course, AP's post isn't really about either of these.
            I know. That more black children are being killed in abortions than by guns. Though both are tragic.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              That more black children are being killed in abortions than by guns. Though both are tragic.
              Killed? Nay. Deterministically prevented from existing? Yes. Not tragic in the least; they were not meant to live, and/or their parents were not ready to have them.

              Don't start going on about "well why did they have risky sex?", either. Accidents happen.
              “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” - Richard Dawkins

              Comment


              • #8
                So when does what is in the womb become a human being?

                Comment


                • #9
                  In an atheistic worldview, why would it even matter?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    I know. That more black children are being killed in abortions than by guns. Though both are tragic.
                    FAR more blacks are killed by other blacks than by police. People should be protesting senseless acts like the murder of 3-year-old Paris Hill, who was shot at home while in her father's arms by a random stranger who opened the door, fired, and fled, not the death of a criminal charging a police officer.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      FAR more blacks are killed by other blacks than by police. People should be protesting senseless acts like the murder of 3-year-old Paris Hill, who was shot at home while in her father's arms by a random stranger who opened the door, fired, and fled, not the death of a criminal charging a police officer.
                      Why would someone do that???
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                        Fixed.
                        Might want to take note of the topic which is "death of innocent black child" which is why I said "black"

                        ..now back to your regularly scheduled rant about police.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                          So when does what is in the womb become a human being?
                          ChaosRain said in another thread that it's when the umbilical cord is cut. I can't seem to find it since we have a terrible search function.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChaosRain View Post
                            Killed? Nay. Deterministically prevented from existing? Yes. Not tragic in the least; they were not meant to live, and/or their parents were not ready to have them.

                            Don't start going on about "well why did they have risky sex?", either. Accidents happen.
                            We are talking abortion, not preventatives. Of course they exist, or there would be nothing to abort. Once the two DNA sequences combine and fertilize the egg, it is a distinct human being. That's just basic science.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              FAR more blacks are killed by other blacks than by police.
                              Other black civilians aren't the ones who are legally supposed to be protecting them.

                              People should be protesting senseless acts like the murder of 3-year-old Paris Hill, who was shot at home while in her father's arms by a random stranger who opened the door, fired, and fled, not the death of a criminal charging a police officer.
                              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

                              I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Apologiaphoenix, 10-19-2020, 10:06 AM
                              6 responses
                              48 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Apologiaphoenix  
                              Started by Apologiaphoenix, 10-16-2020, 09:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              15 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Apologiaphoenix  
                              Started by Apologiaphoenix, 10-15-2020, 09:44 AM
                              3 responses
                              38 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ReformedApologist  
                              Started by Apologiaphoenix, 10-14-2020, 09:09 AM
                              0 responses
                              14 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Apologiaphoenix  
                              Started by Apologiaphoenix, 10-12-2020, 09:02 AM
                              7 responses
                              81 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ReformedApologist  
                              Working...
                              X