Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

On The Death of Robin Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    I didn't mean to impugn your character and integrity. I'm sorry I upset you.
    Not upset. Amused.

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, impugn my character and integrity, get called out on it, then "let's just end our dispute", eh?

I accept your apology, and shall expect better of you.
    I didn't mean to impugn your character and integrity. I'm sorry I upset you.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Not arguing with you over what God can do or not do. Let's just end our dispute here now?
    Ah, impugn my character and integrity, get called out on it, then "let's just end our dispute", eh?

I accept your apology, and shall expect better of you.

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    OK, because I actually like you, let me try to address this.... Here's what YOU said...

That's just dumb! On what basis do you come to that silly conclusion? Unless you think somebody can change their eternal destiny AFTER they're dead, like the Mormons believe. Do you have ANY indication that Williams came to a saving knowledge of Christ before he died? Anything at ALL?

And, where in the world did you get THAT? Seems to me there's a whole lot of ASSumin' goin' on here!

That made me
    Not arguing with you over what God can do or not do. Let's just end our dispute here now?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Not sure to what you are referring, but I guess you think I'm the dummy.
    OK, because I actually like you, let me try to address this.... Here's what YOU said...
    Oh! A preacher gives us a pretty good indication he does not believe in the redemptive power and grace of our Lord.
    That's just dumb! On what basis do you come to that silly conclusion? Unless you think somebody can change their eternal destiny AFTER they're dead, like the Mormons believe. Do you have ANY indication that Williams came to a saving knowledge of Christ before he died? Anything at ALL?

? Expression implying ability to know who's going and who else is not?
    And, where in the world did you get THAT? Seems to me there's a whole lot of ASSumin' goin' on here!

I can't throw my voice to save my life.
    That made me

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    You're doing that "dummy" thing again.
    Not sure to what you are referring, but I guess you think I'm the dummy.

OK, I believe you. You can stop the dummy routine.
    I can't throw my voice to save my life.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Oh! A preacher gives us a pretty good indication he does not believe in the redemptive power and grace of our Lord.
    You're doing that "dummy" thing again.

OK, I believe you. You can stop the dummy routine.

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    Sure, but sometimes we have a pretty good indication.

meh

Leave a comment:

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Hopefully, God will show him mercy.

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    Robin visits Koko's home (gorilla that signs with fingers; video is ad supported but you can skip the ad) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I can and here's why.... because we do not know who is and is not in heaven.
    Sure, but sometimes we have a pretty good indication.

Since there are no presumptions of the final judgement,
    meh

It is not wrong to wish someone to Rest in Peace.
    Which is why I specifically said "I don't condemn others for saying that, but I simply could not".

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Who is the nonbeliever? Are you talking about the grieving one or the deceased one? I wouldn't say to ANYBODY concerning a deceased nonbeliever "may he/she rest in peace", because I believe that extends false hope. I don't condemn others for saying that, but I simply could not.
    I can and here's why.... because we do not know who is and is not in heaven. Since there are no presumptions of the final judgement, It is not wrong to wish someone to Rest in Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I guess it's OK to say to a grieving one who you know is a nonbeliever, "May she rest in peace!"
    Who is the nonbeliever? Are you talking about the grieving one or the deceased one? I wouldn't say to ANYBODY concerning a deceased nonbeliever "may he/she rest in peace", because I believe that extends false hope. I don't condemn others for saying that, but I simply could not.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    One of my favorite roles Robin Williams played in:

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    I guess it's OK to say to a grieving one who you know is a nonbeliever, "May she rest in peace!"

Leave a comment: