Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

The Google Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Google Generation

Can you be uninformed and think you are informed? http://deeperwaters.wordpress.com/20...le-generation/

I googled "is google making us stupid" and got over 57 million hits so it must be true.

Comment

But, but we have google scholar!

Comment

And yet I'll never forget this story...

http://tektonticker.blogspot.com/201...inand-who.html

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
          And yet I'll never forget this story...

http://tektonticker.blogspot.com/201...inand-who.html
          Magellen, that's the guy who makes those shoe inserts for Dr. Sholls, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Magellen, that's the guy who makes those shoe inserts for Dr. Sholls, right?
            How much of a moron are you?

Magellan is the guy who makes those GPS systems.

Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

Sheesh.
              Y'all are joking, right? Though Magellan could've used a GPS! Except that GPS hadn't been invented yet...
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

Sheesh.
                I did a search on google for "Dr. Scholl's Gellin" and got About 10,500 results. So I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Y'all are joking, right? Though Magellan could've used a GPS! Except that GPS hadn't been invented yet...
                  No. I'm not joking. The Onion had an excellent article on it one time. See if you can find it.

Comment

I heard if you google "google" 10 times in a row, the entire internet locks up and falls into a black hole, according to Yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I heard if you google "google" 10 times in a row, the entire internet locks up and falls into a black hole, according to Yahoo.com
                      Funny, I did that and ended up here....
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        But, but we have google scholar!

Google Scholar is the most frustrating thing ever. It's like being in a library where every book is behind a paywall.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment