Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus and Vaccines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus and Vaccines

Should you fear a vaccine?

Link

-----

Should you be scared of a vaccine? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

There is a growing concern I see from some people on Facebook about the possibility of a vaccine for Coronavirus. Keep in mind nothing I say here is meant to be taken as medical advice. At this point, I am speaking only from the idea of Biblical interpretation and theology. If your concerns with the possibility of a vaccine are medical, I cannot speak to that.

Some people are posting concerns about a vaccine being related to the Mark of the Beast and government control. Now readers of this blog know that I think an eschatology that treats the Mark of the Beast as a real future event instead of being fulfilled in the time of Nero is highly incorrect. However, that is not the tact that I am taking here.

Some people think that if you get the vaccine then you are either taking the mark or at least preparing to take the mark. Even reading Revelation from a futuristic perspective, this is nonsense. People who take the mark do so willingly, yes, but they also do so knowing that they are doing it in service to the Beast. One does not accidentally get the mark.

The mark of the beast is also seen as something unforgivable. Does anyone really think that someone will take a vaccine and then God will never forgive them for that? Folks. It would be bad enough to have bad eschatology. That’s just bad theology. That’s saying God would rather condemn you than to forgive you even though you are repentant.

This is one of the big problems with bad eschatology. It eventually leads to bad theology. How you see God is influenced by your eschatology and if you see God as unforgiving to you because you took a mark that you didn’t really know was a mark and want to scare other people into thinking they could accidentally fall outside of the realm of God’s forgiveness, that is a huge problem.

Note that in all of this, I have not once said this is wrong because Preterism is true, although if Preterism is true, this is certainly wrong. I have strove to argue against this on the grounds of futurism. Some of you reading this I am sure are futurists and don’t go this route and I am thankful for that. Please keep an eye on your brethren who think otherwise.

If you have purely medical concerns, I cannot address those again. I am not a doctor and I don’t play one on TV. From a theological perspective though, don’t let fear of the Mark of the Beast keep you from getting yourself treated.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters
    (And I affirm the virgin birth)

I seriously can't understand how people could think a random vaccine could somehow be the Mark of the Beast. Like, what if the flu shot I recently had was secretly something nefarious??? How is this different than the flu shot? This pandemic is driving people insane!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I think another factor that might come in for some people is the notion that it reflects a lack of faith. In one theology Facebook group I'm in yesterday, a man was saying that he believes that buying insurance is antibiblical for that reason. (This sounds like a Word of Faith type of theology.)
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Faith doesn't mean you don't take precautions!
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Sadly its not only Christians holding this view, some are also tied into the Qanon nonsense to some Christians even entertain that movement. In addition some who espouse this stuff are trying to give medical advice but have no basic understanding about medicine. Also many Natural Health sites are taking advantage on people's fears, go to some of their sites and you will see them selling tonics and other so called cures at high prices while at the same time claiming to be against modern medicine which they claim is all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            I seriously can't understand how people could think a random vaccine could somehow be the Mark of the Beast. Like, what if the flu shot I recently had was secretly something nefarious??? How is this different than the flu shot? This pandemic is driving people insane!
            There is a rumor that Bill Gates is putting tracking chips in the vaccine so he can control people and only people with the chip can buy anything. It's really weird.

It started because Bill Gates and MIT really are working on some sort of quantom-dot tattoo that would allow doctors to track what vaccines you have had. https://www.sciencealert.com/an-invi...accinated-kids

So now Bill Gates is the Beast and the vaccine is the mark of the beast

Comment

Things like this and all of the debacle over DND Pokemon and the like were a part of why for years I never really considered looking into christianity.
              sigpic

Comment