Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

In Defense of Adult Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I haven't done any raids and only even tried a dungeon twice, once solo which I beat by sneaking around the baddies using stealth skills and once with a random group of people and that failed miserably. Had to give it up. I tend to play Hunters because they have lots of sneaky skills, can kill at a distance and have pets that do fighting for them, so it's almost like having a group of three in one. I can mostly stand back and heal the pets while they kill the mobs. Blootooth was the hunter I played with RumTum many years ago. We got to level 60. Then we quit playing. When I got back on this year I found out they squished the levels down to make room for more expansions, meaning he was only level 30. I played him back up to level 55. The max level is 60 until they release the Dragon Flight expansion around Christmas, then I think they go up to 70 if you buy that expansion.
    Yeah, we got up to around 55 under the new level cap and were doing something involving blue angel like people. I forgot what they were called.

As for Final Fantasy XIV it is currently considered to be much better than WoW by most people. In fact it had so many people on at one point that they had to stop selling the game until they could upgrade their servers. I'm currently on a waiting list because the server I'm on is full, fortunately I'm only 12th in line to get on. You probably don't get that issue with a subscription and expansions as often.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cerebrum123;n1415099]

Yeah, we got up to around 55 under the new level cap and were doing something involving blue angel like people. I forgot what they were called.[./quote] That's Bastion in the Shadowlands. One of my characters is there right now. The people are Kyrians I think.

As for Final Fantasy XIV it is currently considered to be much better than WoW by most people. In fact it had so many people on at one point that they had to stop selling the game until they could upgrade their servers. I'm currently on a waiting list because the server I'm on is full, fortunately I'm only 12th in line to get on. You probably don't get that issue with a subscription and expansions as often.
      I will probably be done with WOW in a few months, as I am not gonna pay for the next expansion and once I am leveled out there is not much left to do. I usually don't like creating new characters and having to go through all the same quests all over again to level them. Like watching a rerun.
      Maybe I will try FF14.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I will probably be done with WOW in a few months, as I am not gonna pay for the next expansion and once I am leveled out there is not much left to do. I usually don't like creating new characters and having to go through all the same quests all over again to level them. Like watching a rerun.
        Maybe I will try FF14.
        We have several flavors of Pirate to choose from, and an entire Pirate starting city, but the Marauder/Warrior tank class is about the closest Pirate-y job we have right now. There are some decent Pirate-y looking gear sets as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayado View Post

We have several flavors of Pirate to choose from, and an entire Pirate starting city, but the Marauder/Warrior tank class is about the closest Pirate-y job we have right now. There are some decent Pirate-y looking gear sets as well.
          *Starts Cuing up "Just As I Am."*

Comment

[QUOTE=Sparko;n1415114]
            Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Yeah, we got up to around 55 under the new level cap and were doing something involving blue angel like people. I forgot what they were called.[./quote] That's Bastion in the Shadowlands. One of my characters is there right now. The people are Kyrians I think.

Maybe I will try FF14.
            That's right, the Kyrians. It's been over 6 months since I played, and even then we didn't play a lot. I ended up skipping a lot of stuff because of a token to raise your characters to max. Starting a new character from scratch can be fun in some games, but others aren't worth it.

As for FFXIV I've only got one character on PS5, but would gladly make a new one if it was easy to get a new account set up on Steam. For some reason they don't let you do the free trial there, and you have to buy it directly. Which is weird since they let you do the trial on their own website on PC.

Comment

I'm usually a healer class, and was surprised that they give you Raise so early in FFXIV. I mean level 12 to be able to resurrect another player in an MMO isn't common in my experience unless everyone can revive like in Warframe. Speaking of which, they are working on making Warframe cross platform. They are also giving out a free Warframe to anyone who logs in before tomorrow, and at the end of the year they are adding in a big new area. No subscription fee, and the game is truly free to play*. There are a few time gates here and there, but they are relatively short.

*There are microtransactions, but they don't involve scummy stuff like loot boxes. You know exactly what you are getting, and there is a trade system so you can technically get that stuff without paying too. Only a handful of cosmetic items are locked behind paying for it directly.

Comment

I'm usually a healer class, and was surprised that they give you Raise so early in FFXIV. I mean level 12 to be able to resurrect another player in an MMO isn't common in my experience unless everyone can revive like in Warframe. Speaking of which, they are working on making Warframe cross platform. They are also giving out a free Warframe to anyone who logs in before tomorrow, and at the end of the year they are adding in a big new area. No subscription fee, and the game is truly free to play*. There are a few time gates here and there, but they are relatively short.

*There are microtransactions, but they don't involve scummy stuff like loot boxes. You know exactly what you are getting, and there is a trade system so you can technically get that stuff without paying too. Only a handful of cosmetic items are locked behind paying for it directly.
                If raise didn't come that early, dungeons which come not much later would be far less enjoyable for all players involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

If raise didn't come that early, dungeons which come not much later would be far less enjoyable for all players involved.
                  That is a fair point, I'm just surprised given my experience with other MMO's. Something like that is usually reserved for levels 20-30 in my experience. Now I just need to actually group up with you guys at some point.

Comment

That is a fair point, I'm just surprised given my experience with other MMO's. Something like that is usually reserved for levels 20-30 in my experience. Now I just need to actually group up with you guys at some point.
                    Rayado would know more about how to do that than I.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

Rayado would know more about how to do that than I.
                      Normally it would be pretty easy, but the restrictions the game has on a free account are extremely strict. For those that aren't that restricted you would go to the social menu, look for online players, and then use the add friend or add group options once you find them.

Comment

What Data Center and World are you on? We're on the Aether Data Center and the Sargatanas world.

Comment

I'm on Sargatanas, but I don't know how to even check my Aether Data Center. My character name is Siren Lifegale if that helps.

Comment

That does help! You're already on Aether then.

Comment

That does help! You're already on Aether then.
                              Good, now I just need to figure out the game's chat options. I typed stuff in, but it doesn't seem to have gone through.

Comment

If you're on a trial account, the options are very limited because of the RMT abuse.

Comment