Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Margaret Sanger and the Klan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Thanks for the examples, but yikes! No, we don’t give people credit for the funds they could have received by making a man pay for being freed from slavery. What were you thinking.
    The Wiki entry was just pointing out that he was well within his rights to have sold the manumission papers, and he was in financial difficulties (something Grant seemed to be in most of his life), but didn't. You have to wonder how many other people in those circumstances would have done the right thing. And I was just noting the value in modern terms.

But at least you recognize the validity of the examples unlike someone else still seeking a way to deny them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The Wiki entry was just pointing out that he was well within his rights to have sold the manumission papers, and he was in financial difficulties (something Grant seemed to be in most of his life), but didn't. You have to wonder how many other people in those circumstances would have done the right thing. And I was just noting the value in modern terms.

But at least you recognize the validity of the examples unlike someone else still seeking a way to deny them.
      There’s room for discussion on the difference between legal and illegal removal, but not all the examples were valid.

Elk are linked to Canadians.

Comment

There’s room for discussion on the difference between legal and illegal removal, but not all the examples were valid.

Elk are linked to Canadians.
        The elk was cited to illustrate just how nuts these folks were. And isn't moose rather than elks associated with Canuckistan. When I think of elks I think of Scandinavia -- although I vaguely remember something about moose being called elk in Vikingland.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The elk was cited to illustrate just how nuts these folks were. And isn't moose …
          I see what you did there.

Comment

I see what you did there.
            I knew I shoulda wrote mooses.

Comment