Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Bestiality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestiality

Why put animals off-limits?

Link

-------------

Why does the Bible condemn bestiality? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

As we continue through this section, we see this verse and it led me to thinking more about why some actions are condemned in our society today and why some aren’t. Our culture is becoming more of an anything goes culture and I don’t doubt that within a few years, bestiality will be being protected by some of the elite in our society. Time will tell if I’m right.

When I was married, my wife did tell me about a girl who made videos where she actually talked about sex with her dog. I think her name was Whitney, but while trying to find out, my search engine blocked out the results. Thus, I cannot guarantee this, but such a person did exist.

Now I did ponder this some yesterday about why our culture condemns this, but the verse before, we don’t have a problem with homosexuality. If sex with someone of the same sex is one of those barriers that we think needs to be taken down, why not go further and say the species doesn’t even matter. We’re already moving into pedophilia after all.

Now some could say that an animal cannot give its consent, as consent seems to be one of the main points today in sexuality. Whatever goes is okay provided you have consent, but why should this stop with animals? We who love our animals still treat them in ways that they definitely do not consent to. I can assure anyone that when I put Shiro in his kitty carrier to go to the vet, he does not give me his consent.

To go even further, every pet owner dreads the time when they have to go to the vet to say good-bye and have their animal put to sleep. As Shiro is getting older, I am dreading this time more and more when I think about it. If we can let our pets die without their consent, then why not go the step of bestiality?

From a Christian perspective, bestiality is the crossing of the species and going against the design of our bodies and nature. Humanity was made to be with humanity. We are lowering ourselves from rational animals in bestiality to just animals. Again though, I am sure before too long there will be defenses of bestiality being more present and honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some out there right now.

A question now asked is how many of these laws apply to us today. That is an important hermeneutic question as when these verses are brought up, before too long someone brings up mixed fabrics or dietary laws. I plan on addressing this when we continue in this series. We’ll see you then.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters
    (And I affirm the virgin birth)

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
    Why put animals off-limits?

Link

-------------

Why does the Bible condemn bestiality? Let’s plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
    Yeah. The Bible even says that anyone, male or female, caught having sex with an animal must be killed, as too must the animal. Unfortunately, these edicts don't come with any explanation as to why it's so bad. But this is fairly typical of god's pronouncements, seldom are they explained. Just, "Don't do it or else!"

As we continue through this section, we see this verse and it led me to thinking more about why some actions are condemned in our society today and why some aren’t. Our culture is becoming more of an anything goes culture and I don’t doubt that within a few years, bestiality will be being protected by some of the elite in our society. Time will tell if I’m right.
    Well, it's certainly becoming less restrictive and more open to equality and fairness. Just ask any woman.

When I was married, my wife did tell me about a girl who made videos where she actually talked about sex with her dog. I think her name was Whitney, but while trying to find out, my search engine blocked out the results. Thus, I cannot guarantee this, but such a person did exist.
    Oh, they exist alright. In fact, no doubt if you lifted a filter or two on your browser you'd be directed right to such videos in a sec.. I've seen a couple, and my reaction has always been, "Eh, so what." One just has to put it in perspective: Odd to be sure, but harmful or even detrimental to either participant? Not that one could tell. In fact, both seemed to enjoy the act. Would I watch it again? Most likely not. Other than being an oddity, it wasn't that interesting---no different than watching a sword sallower: interesting at first, but just not entertaining enough to watch again. However, if your interested: I'm willing to pass along a link. . .

Now I did ponder this some yesterday about why our culture condemns this,
    Because our culture is fairly well molded on Christian values and mores, which in this case does condemn bestiality.

but the verse before, we don’t have a problem with homosexuality. If sex with someone of the same sex is one of those barriers that we think needs to be taken down, why not go further and say the species doesn’t even matter. We’re already moving into pedophilia after all.
    Well, as you're no doubt aware, pedophilia comes with a whole lot of psychological harm that homosexuality and bestiality do not. In fact, homosexuality has a whole lot going for it for the homosexual, and nary a thing going against it, except for a few little old ladies in Pasadena.

Now some could say that an animal cannot give its consent, as consent seems to be one of the main points today in sexuality.
    And they'd be wrong; witness any broken horse.

Whatever goes is okay provided you have consent, but why should this stop with animals? We who love our animals still treat them in ways that they definitely do not consent to. I can assure anyone that when I put Shiro in his kitty carrier to go to the vet, he does not give me his consent.
    Your point being ???

To go even further, every pet owner dreads the time when they have to go to the vet to say good-bye and have their animal put to sleep. As Shiro is getting older, I am dreading this time more and more when I think about it. If we can let our pets die without their consent, then why not go the step of bestiality?
    You don't think a horse, or a dog, or a sheep remain passive because they're not giving their tacit consent? As told by others, dogs can get very aggressive in wanting to "mount" a woman.

From a Christian perspective, bestiality is the crossing of the species and going against the design of our bodies and nature.
    What, exactly does " crossing of the species" entail? And a lot of what we do goes against the design of our bodies and nature. Simply consider what's involved in conditioning the human body in order to go to the moon.

Humanity was made to be with humanity.
    Which is fine, but mankind was obviously made to interact with other animals as well, otherwise it could not..

We are lowering ourselves from rational animals in bestiality to just animals.
    And why is this necessarily lowering ourselves?

Again though, I am sure before too long there will be defenses of bestiality being more present and honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some out there right now.
    Not that I have any horse in this race, but . . .BOO!

A question now asked is how many of these laws apply to us today
    Looking them up, bestiality is legal In Wyoming, New Mexico, Kentucky, West Virginia, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia, and in quite a few other states it only amounts to a misdemeanor offense. As for practicing homosexuality, this is legal in all 50. Seems the Bible is losing its grip on people and their mores.
    Last edited by Storm Warning; 02-23-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment