Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Book Plunge: Jesus is Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Plunge: Jesus is Better

I can't hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I can't hear you.
      New Dell laptop. I don't understand why it's quiet there. Everyone can hear me on a Zoom call or something. I'm trying to find the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

New Dell laptop. I don't understand why it's quiet there. Everyone can hear me on a Zoom call or something. I'm trying to find the settings.
        What software are you using to record? So far the best free option I've found is Audacity, and it has an option that lets you adjust* the sound after it is recorded.

*You can change the volume, add special effects, and try and get rid of background noise. It also has pretty good explanations on how to do things like that on their website.

Comment

Just using the camera

Comment

Just using the camera
            Yeah, that is fine to use the microphone using the camera. Not going to be the best quality audio, but many won't care. You should still be able to import the audio to something like Audacity so you can make adjustments, and then add it back into the video. It takes a bit more work, but will result in a better video.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Yeah, that is fine to use the microphone using the camera. Not going to be the best quality audio, but many won't care. You should still be able to import the audio to something like Audacity so you can make adjustments, and then add it back into the video. It takes a bit more work, but will result in a better video.
              I can try. I'm just not very good at that.

Comment

I can try. I'm just not very good at that.
                It looks and sounds harder than it is. I can give you a link to Audacity. Their help page explains things pretty well. I'm still no expert, but I can do some basic things with it now.

Comment

Might be good to invest in a headset with a mic.

Also you can open your sound settings in windows by going into your settings, type "Sound settings" in the search box, then scroll down to Input, make sure your camera mic is selected under input device (if you only have that mic then that will be the default), then choose "Device properties" and adjust the volume.

If you want to fix the volume on that video or any others that have low volume, here is a free tool that will do that for you.

http://www.dvdavitools.com/free-video-volume-booster/

no video editing required.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Might be good to invest in a headset with a mic.

Also you can open your sound settings in windows by going into your settings, type "Sound settings" in the search box, then scroll down to Input, make sure your camera mic is selected under input device (if you only have that mic then that will be the default), then choose "Device properties" and adjust the volume.

If you want to fix the volume on that video or any others that have low volume, here is a free tool that will do that for you.

http://www.dvdavitools.com/free-video-volume-booster/

no video editing required.
                    I am told I have no microphone when I do that, but yet my computer can hear my voice and when I do a Zoom meeting here people can hear me just fine.

Comment