Announcement

Collapse

World History 201 Guidelines

Welcome to World History 201.

Find out if Caesar crossed the Rubicon or threw a dollar across it.

This is the forum where world history, in general, can be discussed. Since the WH201, like the other fora in the World History department, is not limited to participation along lines of theology, all may post here.

Please keep the Campus Decorum in mind when posting here--while 'belief' restrictions are not in place, common decency is.

The Tweb rules are in force . . . we're watching you.
Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Amerika's global Midas touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You mean like starting a thread and purposely misspelling America in the Title?
    And your point is what?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    It's also known as bias. Bias is not a conspiracy theory, stupid.
    You mean like starting a thread and purposely misspelling America in the Title?

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    You and your conspiracy theories are amusing to me.

It's remarkable that you have to exaggerate the differences while completely misrepresenting what I said. My whole point is that the US has a history of arming guerillas that turn against us when we have outlived our usefulness to them.

It's called understanding war, which you obviously can't do from that ivory tower you spend all day in.

What present enemy are we arming and why?
    Cognitive dissonance is not a conspiracy theory lol. It's a psychological way of dealing with a conflict. You work for government (and from what I understand, military aspects of government), so it's a psychological conflict for you to criticize or find fault in the fact that government is assisting, funding and arming the very same enemy that orchestrated 911. It's also known as bias. Bias is not a conspiracy theory, stupid.

Whether there are historical similarities or not is not the point of the thread, so your point is irrelevant to the thread. Just because it happened in the past doesn't matter because it doesn't justify it happening now. It wasn't excusable then and it isn't excusable now. So attempting to point out where it happened before is moot.

It has been thoroughly covered in the OP.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Those are not instances of the US arming Hamas. The US money is earmarked for humanitarian and refugee purposes. Sean made a claim that the US was committing treason by arming our enemies. I'd like to see him support that claim with some hard evidence.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    He might be referring to things like these.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-defe...rocket-caches/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ming-rep-says/

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    No, you're justifying it because you're a paid government toady.
    You and your conspiracy theories are amusing to me.

It's remarkable that you're argument is that history is the same as our present situation,
    It's remarkable that you have to exaggerate the differences while completely misrepresenting what I said. My whole point is that the US has a history of arming guerillas that turn against us when we have outlived our usefulness to them.

but I understand why you can't deal with the situation happening now... it's called cognitive dissonance, and I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable for you.
    It's called understanding war, which you obviously can't do from that ivory tower you spend all day in.

Not only does history not justify what's happening now, as I said before, but they aren't even similar situations. Arming and assisting a PRESENT enemy is treason.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    ]

And that's why I know it isn't even vaguely similar.
    No, you're justifying it because you're a paid government toady. It's remarkable that you're argument is that history is the same as our present situation, but I understand why you can't deal with the situation happening now... it's called cognitive dissonance, and I'm sure it's extremely uncomfortable for you. Not only does history not justify what's happening now, as I said before, but they aren't even similar situations. Arming and assisting a PRESENT enemy is treason.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Seems to me that there is still a difference. Those groups didn't have a demonstrated intention to kill Americans (and anyone else they disagree with) off before they were given assistance.
    They did demonstrate the intention to kill their enemies. They were called "The Men in Black", and Ho played the US and Britain like a mandolin.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Seems to me that there is still a difference. Those groups didn't have a demonstrated intention to kill Americans (and anyone else they disagree with) off before they were given assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    How about you link me to a source or at least cite some source for this. The burden is on you to do this, and show me where tens of thousands of innocent Christians were being slaughtered or displaced as a result.
    Source: http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/general/articles/officestrategicservices.aspx

Probably the last work done by the OSS in Asia was making contact with and arranging to help the Viet Minh, under Ho Chi Minh, fight the Japanese occupying Vietnam. The war ended before much could come of this.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm sure you know how Ho Chi Minh turned out...

Excellent documentary exposing Ho Chi Minh for the genocidal communist he was. Especially from the 5th part of the playlist and onward, interesting details around Ho Chi Minh´s role in the killing of Vietnamese patriots and Christians and collaboration with the French colonial power to this end in the 50s. The documentary also sheds light on the brutal land reforms and public execution of specific percentages of the villagers as "class enemies".
    The nightmare of the Tet massacres and the massive persecution of Christians and patriotic separatists is also highlighted, although only in passing.

In the meantime, it's STILL not the same. First of all, it seems you're implying that our current situation is somehow justified just because of something that happened in history... it's not.
    I am not implying that. I am implying that arming guerillas is not new territory for the US, nor is the result that those guerillas frequently become our enemies later on.

Secondly, these US created, funded and armed groups didn't attack us on our own soil (just a little more than a decade ago in fact!)
    Depends on whether you consider US Embassies "US soil"

which contributed to some of the most grossly unconstitutional policies we're seeing today (and continue to see) in the name of protecting us from these groups.
    Such as?

We're arming and funding a present enemy concurrently with policies being passed to "protect" us from said enemy.
    Who are we funding and why?

Nothing in history is relative to that insanity. From what I understand, this is the definition of treason.
    No it isn't. Not even loosely...

Being a paid toady of the government, I'm sure you're cognizant of this offence.
    And that's why I know it isn't even vaguely similar.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You gotta be kidding --- you guys spell THAT one wrong, TOO!?!?!?!

Besides, no matter which country he lives in, BTC can still spell!
    Ferigners. Gotta love em despite their faults.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    That would depend on which part of the world you live in.
    You gotta be kidding --- you guys spell THAT one wrong, TOO!?!?!?!

Besides, no matter which country he lives in, BTC can still spell!

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    At least he knows how to spell offense.
    That would depend on which part of the world you live in.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Being a paid toady of the government, I'm sure you're cognizant of this offence.
    At least he knows how to spell offense.

So, what is this thread about, anyway, besides "Blame America First"?

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Why don't you look up the Office of Strategic Services and the anti-Japanese guerillas from China, Burma, Korea, and Vietnam they trained during WW2, and then realize that they were some of the same groups we ended up fighting in Korea and Vietnam.
    How about you link me to a source or at least cite some source for this. The burden is on you to do this, and show me where tens of thousands of innocent Christians were being slaughtered or displaced as a result. In the meantime, it's STILL not the same. First of all, it seems you're implying that our current situation is somehow justified just because of something that happened in history... it's not. Secondly, these US created, funded and armed groups didn't attack us on our own soil (just a little more than a decade ago in fact!) which contributed to some of the most grossly unconstitutional policies we're seeing today (and continue to see) in the name of protecting us from these groups. We're arming and funding a present enemy concurrently with policies being passed to "protect" us from said enemy. Nothing in history is relative to that insanity. From what I understand, this is the definition of treason. Being a paid toady of the government, I'm sure you're cognizant of this offence.
    Last edited by seanD; 08-02-2014, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X