X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Sure you don't.

How many posts of his do you have to read before you realize they're all garbage?
    There's not a whole lot of difference between Gary's posts and William's, AFAICS. William is slightly less unreasonable than Gary.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
      i sincerely find all of this interesting, but the tediousness nature of this minutia make me think the bible is even less likely from a god. The majority of people dont couldn't be expected to do this sort of leg work in order to make sense of this book.
      Indeed - all the leg-work would be unnecessary if people didn't keep inventing excuses to believe what they want to. Usually all that the leg-work does, is verify that the natural reading was correct all along.

ETA

This probably applies more to the Christian denominations than it does to the atheists: and it would probably be no exaggeration to say that denominations, almost entirely, result from people imposing their desires on the meanings of scriptural passages.
      Last edited by tabibito; 08-14-2015, 01:22 PM.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        There's not a whole lot of difference between Gary's posts and William's, AFAICS. William is slightly less unreasonable than Gary.
        Yep. They've pretty much been playing good cop/bad cop the whole time. His recent post telling me that he thinks Gary's rants are on par with the Bible tells me he's to be taken about as seriously as Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          where have I been unreasonable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Yep. They've pretty much been playing good cop/bad cop the whole time. His recent post telling me that he thinks Gary's rants are on par with the Bible tells me he's to be taken about as seriously as Gary.
            I am just discussing points and ideas that I have related to the bible. I do not claim to be more serious than anyone. If no one wants a discussion, then I can leave you all alone if you like.

Comment

You have not been unreasonable, William. Even if you have been, rarely, a little snarky it pales in comparison to the rude, insulting behavior of the Christians who are now attacking you.

You are pulling, gently, at their security blanket. I have been brusquely grabbing and attempting to yank it away. But either way, the thought of life without their security blanket terrifies them. So like a small child whose "blankie" has been taken from him, they are furious with rage...and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post

Nick and I first encountered each other on Daniel B. Wallace's blog. We were both blunt, abrasive, and condescending to one another. But instead of continuing to debate me there, he asked me to come here...and here I am. I am here at Nick's invitation. If Nick doesn't want me here, he is free to disinvite me. But until he does so, I will speak my mind as I please (while refraining from "excessive blasphemy", of course).
                Just popping in to say this is false. I recognized Gary immediately there.

He can try to figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

whoa, you're not Mike Blacksman from another blog are you?

Comment

whoa, you're not Mike Blacksman from another blog are you?
                    Who?

Comment

Who?
                      lol, I guess not. I recognize gary from another place too - but I guess a different one than you.

so it was just untrue that you two first encountered each other at that Daniel B. Wallace's blog?

Comment

What is false?

Did we or did we not meet on Wallace's blog and you requested to move our discussion here? It is possible we have met previously, if so I do not recall it, but prior to coming here, we were on Wallace's blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
                          What is false?

Did we or did we not meet on Wallace's blog and you requested to move our discussion here? It is possible we have met previously, if so I do not recall it, but prior to coming here, we were on Wallace's blog.
                          Previously. I try to not forget such things.

And no, I'm not telling. That's for you to figure out.

Comment

lol, I guess not. I recognize gary from another place too - but I guess a different one than you.

so it was just untrue that you two first encountered each other at that Daniel B. Wallace's blog?
                            Untrue. Not a lie, but untrue. There's a difference. A lie is when someone tells you something they know to be false but present it as true. Telling a non-truth is not the same as lying or else every time a kid gets a question wrong on a math test they're lying.

Comment

Who?
                              As pompous and offensive as Nick may be, I would still sit down and have a beer and chat with him if asked. As for Mike Blacksman, I would give that guy nothing but the finger. He is one nasty, mean-spirited, vindictive Christian.

I have had discussions on this subject with hundreds of people, many of them with the same positions and demeanor as yourself. I've seen your photo, I know where you are attending school, so you are not someone I know personally. So I am not particularly curious as to our previous encounters. If I had to guess, you are the evangelical who got kicked off of Cranach for insulting those mean, nasty Lutheran fundamentalists on that blog. But that is my best guess.
                              Last edited by Gary; 08-14-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Chiefly in your standard of proof and your over-literal analysis of biblical passages. You have been rather more polite about it than Gary, which is why I distinguish between you.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X