This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
    No they won't. That's because scholars have these interactive discussions regularly. Go to a meeting of the SBL and this is the kind of stuff talked about. It's called debate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9839[/ATTACH]
    The Journal for the Study of the Historical Jesus devoted the entirety of one issue in 2005 to a debate on the Resurrection. It's not just "scholars who agree with you."

Who were the scholars who published articles in that issue? Michael Goulder, James Crossley, N.T. Wright, Larry Hurtado, and Dale Allison. None of them are scholars I'd qualify as "evangelical members of the Christian cult."

Also, we might have to stop this drinking game. I may have alcohol poisoning at this rate.

Rather than projecting about delusion, idiocy, superstition, here's a challenge for you, Gary: give a title of a book you want us to read. If you name one my library has, I'll read it. Otherwise, shut up and get the hell off this site. I can't imagine any situation in which mature people would degrade to horrible name calling simply because of a religious disagreement. I discussed religion with an atheist acquaintance last night. We respected each others' positions and points.
    Last edited by psstein; 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Actually, I went and read the Bishop Spong book he talked about on the resurrection already. I went straight to my library and got it. Already wrote a review in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
        I would rather be drawn and quartered than apologize to that passive-aggressive skank.

Do you really think I fear being banned from this pathetic, right-wing, religious-fascists' site? It would make my day, believe you me.
        Gary's just mad he got his rear kicked by a girl! Can we add sexist to Gary's list of personality traits? Because he doesn't seem to have made as horrible insults to any males based on their gender.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Well it does make sense that someone with a massive ego like that would be sexist.

Comment

Well it does make sense that someone with a massive ego like that would be sexist.
            Maybe Gary thinks only boys are allowed to fight back in a verbal fight? Oh wait, apparently Christian ladies are supposed to be exponentially wimpy. Because Christians are supposedly doormats and women are weak willed babies.

Comment

I would rather be drawn and quartered than apologize to that passive-aggressive sk---.

Do you really think I fear being banned from this pathetic, right-wing, religious-fascists' site? It would make my day, believe you me.
              I am sure it would because you have not had a single point stick and have been shown up to be biblically illiterate but pretending to have a grasp of the material. This is about the best exit strategy you could come up with to save face.
              Last edited by Mikeenders; 09-18-2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Maybe Gary thinks only boys are allowed to fight back in a verbal fight? Oh wait, apparently Christian ladies are supposed to be exponentially wimpy. Because Christians are supposedly doormats and women are weak willed babies.
                Unfortunately its not just gender based. Skeptics and atheists even have conned other believers into thinking that Christian is DEFINED as always being passively gentle and compassionate on the feeeelings of the enemies of Christianity. They hide behind it in many places online. Should they lie, be incompetent on what they are talking about or make clear indication of being intellectually dishonest they will say its unchristian of you to call them on it. Gary probably thought he would come waltzing into this thread with all kinds of accusations and slander and everyone would treat him with kid's gloves.

Comment

I would rather be drawn and quartered than apologize to that passive-aggressive skank.
                  You sir continue to show what a misogynist jackass you are. why don't you just go ahead and do what you have said you were going to do numerous times go crawl under that rock of yours . Instead you in your dishonest way keep coming back and falsely accuse us of being what you are an arrogant ignorant bigoted fool who refuses to use the brain God gave him. Yes Gary, refuses to, you refused when you were a nominal Christian and still refuse to. No you did not get more intelligent when you turned away from God you got more foolish.

Psa 14:1

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

The fool has said in his heart,
                  “There is no God.”
                  They are corrupt,
                  They have done abominable works,
                  There is none who does good.
                  NKJV
                  You are that fool in Psalm. the abominable language you are using towards CBW shows that. your continued refusal to make good by apologizing shows it also.
                  the only pathetic one here is you Gary who has with your attack on CBW shown your true colors. If you hate this site so much you know where the door is why not leave you no one is forcing you to stay. No need to make a jenny of yourself to try and get us to ban you. You can leave any time you want just don't let the door hit you on the way out.
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-18-2015, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                    Unfortunately its not just gender based. Skeptics and atheists even have conned other believers into thinking that Christian is DEFINED as always being passively gentle and compassionate on the feeeelings of the enemies of Christianity. They hide behind it in many places online. Should they lie, be incompetent on what they are talking about or make clear indication of being intellectually dishonest they will say its unchristian of you to call them on it. Gary probably thought he would come waltzing into this thread with all kinds of accusations and slander and everyone would treat him with kid's gloves.
                    He found out differently He seems to have forgotten that Paul called for us to put on the whole armor God including the Sword of the spirit. unfortunately Gary seems to have come unarmed for this fight since he refuses to use the brain God gave him but instead cribs from others and takes what they say at face value if they agree with him. And then has the gall to say that Christians are stupid, dumb, backwards, laughable, pathetic, and a joke. he must have been looking in a mirror when he said this because that describes him to a "T" not any of you who are answering his assertions

Comment

Little Joe: Do us all a favor and kill this thread or ban me.
                      Gary, scroll to the top of the page and select the "Thread tools" option then click on "Unsubscribe from this thread". Next, click the red "X" in the upper right hand corner and close the window. The thread will no longer notify you of posts and you can blissfully go on your way.

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Actually, I went and read the Bishop Spong book he talked about on the resurrection already. I went straight to my library and got it. Already wrote a review in fact.
                        He seriously used SPONG as an authority? Wow. Crossan/Borg/Funk, flawed as they may be, are still good scholars (Crossan especially). But you can't pretend as though Spong knows anything
                        Crossan doesn't.

I saw the review. I pretty much agreed with it.

Comment

I reserve that term for very, very rare occasions when someone has been really obnoxious to me and then I call them (her or him) whatever I know will make them howl the loudest. I don't reserve that term only for females. I use it for anyone who has been yapping and nipping at me incessantly.

No apologies.
                          Now I'm not a person to hold back from insults but firstly, insulting somebody who is trying to have a genuine discussion with you and hasn't been unreasonable to you is just uncalled for and secondly it's against the rules of TWeb.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I'm sure it would. Then you would no longer need to exercise the self-control needed to stay away of your own volition, and you could pretend that it was because we couldn't answer your arguments instead of you being a boor who couldn't follow the rules.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Well we already know he came here saying he was going to try to break all the rules that he could. So let's see, lying, hypocrite, ignorant, sexist, arrogant, rule-breaking, how far can we go?

Anyway, if anyone ever sees Gary whining someone else, just put a link to this thread up and a link to his direct comment to CBW and let the people decide for themselves.

Comment

Well we already know he came here saying he was going to try to break all the rules that he could. So let's see, lying, hypocrite, ignorant, sexist, arrogant, rule-breaking, how far can we go?

Anyway, if anyone ever sees Gary whining someone else, just put a link to this thread up and a link to his direct comment to CBW and let the people decide for themselves.
                                Gary thinks those words describe us! Is he from the Bizarro universe?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X