Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, the poop cuss word ain't allowed.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure that that particular word is not allowed and you better edit it yourself before you get a warning.

ETA: a few seconds too late.
      Yes, I realize that the source has a bad word in it. I tried to make it a link that wouldn't show the word, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. So my option was to list the source or not list a source, which would have deeply upset Pig.

Comment

• If you want to read the best article I've ever seen that concisely refutes the Christian claim that the Bible is the Creator's Word and that the Christian god exists, check out this article by the Humanist Association that I just posted on my blog.

I am "praying" that you will each read it and finally see the truth (reality):

http://www.lutherwasnotbornagain.com...-nonsense.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
          You are immoral and cannot see it. You are brainwashed and do not realize it. You are sick and need psychiatric care.

Seek help, my friend. I would encourage you to begin deprogramming from your evil cult by reading the same blogs I recommended to Tabby above.
          Surest sign your online combatant is knocked out....left to do nothing but lay on his back and do various forms of gesticulation with his last functioning (barely) limb ;)

Comment

Christian slaver owners could have made their slaves free men and paid them a wage to do the work they were already doing.
            or they could treat them as family as a brother or sister. That would have been even better than just a hired hand!! If only Paul had said that.....oh wait.......................lol

Comment

• You're joking, right?

Half the sources for that article are absolute rubbish. Andrew Dickson White's book and John W. Draper's book on the conflict of science and religion have been completely disavowed by every competent historian of science since the 1960s. Talking about Biblical contradictions and arguments from outrage doesn't actually work as an argument. It's a cheap rhetorical trick to win points on the internet. Gordon Stein (and half the junk published by Prometheus or American Atheists) isn't much better.

Comment

Here is an excerpt from an excellent refutation against the ridiculous Christian claim that slavery in the Bible was somehow different than slavery in the American South:

Here again, American and OT slavery are matched step for step.
                Nope...pathetic article that dodges the most obvious and devastating difference. American South slavery designated a slave by his ethnicity and skin color AND it designated the slave as less than human and unworthy of the same rights even if freed - which is why a civil rights movement was needed for years after slavery allegedly ended. since even a jew could become a slave the classification of slave by itself stated nothing of lack of humanity

What kind of fool writer states that American south slavery was "a form of slavery basically indistinguishable from that practiced in America." without referencing the most obvious that shaped the subsequent civil rights.

Apparently when you stop linking to youtube videos your source material makes no improvement anyway.

Comment

That is not the issue Nick. You have accused me of being uninformed, and due to being uninformed, having positions contrary to the overwhelming majority of scholars. I am asking you to back up this accusation by giving me ONE position that I have stated that contradicts the position of the overwhelming majority of scholars. You can't and you damn well know it. That means that you lied. That means that you bore false witness against me.
                  NO it means you have lied and we have proven you have no intellectual honesty whatsoever. Your position that Genesis one was held as literal by all christians until the science corrected it is held by absolutely no scholar on the issue. You were given two links from even the anti christian leaning wikipedia that show clearly that allegorical interpretations of Genesis one and two were held by members of the church from the fourth century.

I stated that it would be a good test of your intellectual honesty whether you had the character to admit you were wrong but you ignored it to save face (pretty much as I expected you to) and flubbed the intellectual honesty test.

So If Nick accused you it would not be false witness since you ARE intellectually dishonest and were uninformed. Try something else or switch to your sixth subject looking for a win and come up empty on that as well

Comment

• Time to pull the lever on the fundy atheist canard see and say again! Watch the spinner go around and stop on an unimaginative canard!
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

” Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly." --- by order of the Christian god.

"If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free. 5 But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ 6 then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life." ---by order of the Christian god

Analysis: The bible permits slavery with direct commandments from God. The rules are somewhat complicated, with differences between Hebrews vs. gentiles and men vs. women. The verses above are not all the rules on slavery, but they are direct quotes from God if you believe the bible to be literal.For Hebrews, slavery was a way to pay off a debt. After 6 years of work, a Hebrew slave would be set free in the year of Jubilee – as long as the slave is male. A father has the right to sell his daughter into slavery. Exodus 21:7-11 describe rules for selling a daughter as slave, but the verses seem to interchange female slavery and marriage.

Exodus 21:20-21 permit slave owners to beat their slaves so that they are unconscious for 2-3 days!

Leviticus 25:44-45 describes how gentile slaves are to be treated, which is very different from Hebrew slaves. Gentile slaves are not to be set free in the year of Jubillee but are passed from father to son as an inheritance.

Another thing to point out is the Exodus 21 is one chapter after the 10 commandments in Exodus 20. Most American Christians who promote displaying the 10 commandments with taxpayer money have no idea where the 10 commandments are located, much less any idea that slavery is endorsed only a few sentences after these commandments. If we have the right to display Exodus 20 with tax money, then don’t we have the right to display Exodus 21 with tax money?

Source: https://rarebible.wordpress.com/2009...and-leviticus/

Tabby: Will you now admit that you were wrong about foreign slaves?
                      Nope - you have merely demonstrated yet again that you don't bother to read what people here post.

I know that many of you find it very insulting when I say that you are brainwashed and members of a cult. However, I know it is true because I was once a member of your belief system. I once looked down my nose at atheists and other non-believers as ignorant God-haters, pure and simple. "These people don't see the truth about God and the Bible for the simple reason that they don't want to. They are in a state of rebellion against God and therefore their rage blinds them to the truth."
                      Not all: not even a significant percentage. But you are indeed in rebellion.

The majority of scientists on planet earth do not believe in the powers of witchcraft and sorcery. But your belief system is based on sorcery. You may consider it a good form of sorcery, but it is still sorcery. Any male human being with magical powers is a sorcerer. Scientists don't believe in sorcery. It is imaginary. There is zero evidence for it. Science doesn't bother trying to disprove things for which there is no evidence to suggest it exists.
                      What I have seen for myself declares the opinions of these scholars to be invalid. Moreover, sorcery and miracles are very different in nature - it is not merely the orientation for good or evil that distinguishes the two.

I have had the experience of having a Christian state something dogmatic, such as the absurd idea that the Bible is inerrant and infallible, which was easily disprovable. I disproved their claim
                      Their claim is false, certainly. Their claim can easily be demonstrated to be false, certainly. Most won't be convinced of that truth, certainly. You don't even begin to know how to demonstrate the claim to be false.

The reasons are simple but very important to be aware of and understand — BRAINWASHING and FEAR. The Christian church uses several known brainwashing techniques to gain and then keep converts.
                      The brainwashing techniques are largely used by certain Charismatic groups - your prior claims lend no credence to the idea that you have attended such meetings often enough to determine the processes for yourself. In all probability, you have taken this information from documentaries investigating the activities at specific meeting halls and mindlessly mis-assigned the process to the majority of churches.

FEAR is another tactic that the Christian church uses and, unfortunately, they use it well. Christians are taught that the Bible is the “word of God” and that they have the only truth.
                      Instilling fear is wholly unnecessary and counter productive. The response to your own attempts to use the technique here adequately demonstrates the fact. It would be a fair estimate to say that you've used half a dozen techniques on this thread that are common to shysters of all persuasions.

It should be obvious that the concepts of a Loving God and an eternal Hell are diametrically opposed ideas.
                      Again - you are sadly lacking in the capacity to make a reasoned evaluation of even the most basic of Christian teachings. That the complex teachings regarding Hell are beyond your capacity to grasp is therefore a foregone conclusion ... only because you don't have what it takes to find out what is actually in the Biblical record.
                      Last edited by tabibito; 09-07-2015, 06:02 PM.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

If you want to read the best article I've ever seen that concisely refutes the Christian claim that the Bible is wholly the Creator's Word and that the Christian god exists, check out this article by the Humanist Association that I just posted on my blog.
                        There is a far more reliable and authoritative source for that information: it is called the Bible.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• The article committed one of my favorite errors, the sound of one hand clapping. There was zero interaction with disagreeing views and blind acceptance of garbage sources like White, Paine, and Helms. It's a joke attempt of saying "If we disprove a wooden inerrancy we disprove Christianity." And of course, argument from outrage time and time again.

This is convincing to intellectual lightweights and lazy people and emotional thinkers, but not to real researchers. I saw nothing new that hasn't been addressed a thousand times before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                            The article committed one of my favorite errors, the sound of one hand clapping. There was zero interaction with disagreeing views and blind acceptance of garbage sources like White, Paine, and Helms. It's a joke attempt of saying "If we disprove a wooden inerrancy we disprove Christianity." And of course, argument from outrage time and time again.

This is convincing to intellectual lightweights and lazy people and emotional thinkers, but not to real researchers. I saw nothing new that hasn't been addressed a thousand times before.
                            Yes, critics of Christianity have been pointing out the many, many errors, contradictions, and scientific inaccuracies for many, many years, in some cases from the very beginning of Christianity. Once again, your scholars are experts only in ANCIENT BELIEFS, not in the supernatural events claimed. It is silly nonsense that any sixth grader can see. In 25-50 years your grandchildren will look back at your beliefs in virgin births and reanimations of dead bodies...and chuckle.

Comment

• Fundy atheist talking point, inevitable progress of history. Drink!

"God is dead," or so He was in 1966. That generation would be the last to see religion as a part of culture. We're now nearly 50 years later. Religion is alive and well.

Comment

• Hey Gary. See if you can read this without mentally collapsing. (Well collapsing further.)
                                http://www.tektonics.org/qt/sommer01.php

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X