Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Hakeem
    replied
    Sparko saying "You said that IF Jesus was resurrected he would be shining and everyone would recognize him" is true and I clarified in other post the qualities that the resurrected must have; incorruption, glory, power and change.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Well, when a mommy Jew and a daddy Jew really like each other....
    Do go on.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Hakeem View Post
    Sparko question " Then why was he shining?" Jesus shining is a miraclous event as Elijah and Moses though Elijah was in heaven and Moses was dead before the transfiguration.

Sparko saying "You were claiming that Moses was glowing therefore he was resurrected" is not true; what I said is that Moses is resurrected because he died on the transfiguration because "it is once to die" Hebrews 9:27.

I agree with your statement "Well actually the bible doesn't even say Moses was shining/glowing. It said Jesus was shining/glowing. So where is your excuse now" hence, I stand corrected.
    My excuse? It was YOUR excuse. You said that IF Jesus was resurrected he would be shining and everyone would recognize him. Yet he was shining BEFORE he was resurrected. So obviously "shining" isn't a telltale if someone is resurrected or not. Moses' face shone after he saw God's glory and he was not resurrected either.

Leave a comment:

• Same Hakeem
    replied
    Sparko question " Then why was he shining?" Jesus shining is a miraclous event as Elijah and Moses though Elijah was in heaven and Moses was dead before the transfiguration.

Sparko saying "You were claiming that Moses was glowing therefore he was resurrected" is not true; what I said is that Moses is resurrected because he died on the transfiguration because "it is once to die" Hebrews 9:27.

I agree with your statement "Well actually the bible doesn't even say Moses was shining/glowing. It said Jesus was shining/glowing. So where is your excuse now" hence, I stand corrected.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The answer to Sparko question " Well the bible pretty much says that Jesus was doing the shining, not so much Moses and Elija, does that mean Jesus was resurrected then before he even died, Hakeem?" lies in the fact that the resurrected must have 4 qualities together as follows;

1. It is buried in corruption but raised in incorruption (1Corinthians 15:42)

2. It is raised in glory

(1Corinthians 15:43)

3. It is raised in power

5. It will changed

(1Corinthians 15:51)

When we read scriptures we find that Jesus did not have all above qualities of the resurrected.
    Then why was he shining?

You were claiming that Moses was glowing therefore he was resurrected. Well actually the bible doesn't even say Moses was shining/glowing. It said Jesus was shining/glowing. So where is your excuse now?

Leave a comment:

• Same Hakeem
    replied
    The answer to Sparko question " Well the bible pretty much says that Jesus was doing the shining, not so much Moses and Elija, does that mean Jesus was resurrected then before he even died, Hakeem?" lies in the fact that the resurrected must have 4 qualities together as follows;

1. It is buried in corruption but raised in incorruption (1Corinthians 15:42)

2. It is raised in glory

3. It is raised in power

5. It will changed

(1Corinthians 15:51)

When we read scriptures we find that Jesus did not have all above qualities of the resurrected.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Where did Moses And Elijah come from?
    Well, when a mommy Jew and a daddy Jew really like each other....

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Canada.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well the bible pretty much says that Jesus was doing the shining, not so much Moses and Elija, does that mean Jesus was resurrected then before he even died, Hakeem?

Mark 9:2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.

Matthew 17:17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I think he's talking about when Moses and Elijah appeared at the Transfiguration, but you guys are talking about the Exodus.
    Well the bible pretty much says that Jesus was doing the shining, not so much Moses and Elija, does that mean Jesus was resurrected then before he even died, Hakeem?

Mark 9:2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.

Matthew 17:17 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    One thing to consider is that while being prepared for burial (or being entombed) Jesus would have had his head and beard shaved off in accordance with Jewish law. I don't know about you but I've known a couple men who were very hard to recognize after they shaved their beards, especially if you had never seen them without one.

Just food for thought.
    good point.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    The answer to Christianbookworm question " How can someone recognize Jesus if He chooses to not let them recognize Him?" is true that Jesus did not identify himself immediately in public as was the case on the way to Emmaus. Otherwise, Jews would have ensured that he is dead. This explains Jesus not appearing once to even only one of his alleged killers of the Jews and the Romans because Jesus told us he came to the sinners not to the righteous as per Mark 2:17.

Writing " He can also enter a locked room by showing up inside of it. Without knocking or making a different entrance" is not found in the bible. Actually Jesus denied to be a spirit in Luke 24:39.
    You are making no sense. There are even fictional characters who can pull off the getting into a room through other means than a window, door, or property damage by phasing through the wall or teleporting and they aren't ghosts either. Jesus is more awesome than a mere fictional character. How else did He show up in the locked room?
    John 20:19New International Version (NIV)
    Jesus Appears to His Disciples

19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

Leave a comment:

• Same Hakeem
    replied
    The answer to Christianbookworm question " How can someone recognize Jesus if He chooses to not let them recognize Him?" is true that Jesus did not identify himself immediately in public as was the case on the way to Emmaus. Otherwise, Jews would have ensured that he is dead. This explains Jesus not appearing once to even only one of his alleged killers of the Jews and the Romans because Jesus told us he came to the sinners not to the righteous as per Mark 2:17.

Writing " He can also enter a locked room by showing up inside of it. Without knocking or making a different entrance" is not found in the bible. Actually Jesus denied to be a spirit in Luke 24:39.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I am trying to find out why claiming they did not recognize Jesus seems to be something you are using to argue that he was not resurrected. I see no difference in whether he was resurrected or not in whether the disciples would or would not recognize him.

If he was in disguise, then why? Why would he lie about his appearance? Why would he disguise himself then run around for 40 days showing himself to everyone proving he is alive?
    One thing to consider is that while being prepared for burial (or being entombed) Jesus would have had his head and beard shaved off in accordance with Jewish law. I don't know about you but I've known a couple men who were very hard to recognize after they shaved their beards, especially if you had never seen them without one.

Just food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    To know if Jesus was resurrected while on earth, we need to search the scriptures if Jesus body was raised in glory (1 Corinthians 15:43) that is like the man from heaven (1 Corinthians 15:49) who shines like the sun (Matthew 13:43) in light of the fact that "His (Jesus) face is shining like the sun in its brilliance" in heaven according to Revelation 1:16.

Had Jesus been dead and resutrected in glory as describled in the Bible, the disciples should have recongnised Jesus IMMEDIATELY. However, this was not the case.
    So you think Moses was resurrected while on earth during the Exodus?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X