Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hakeem View Post
    The answer to Sparko question " Well the bible pretty much says that Jesus was doing the shining, not so much Moses and Elija, does that mean Jesus was resurrected then before he even died, Hakeem?" lies in the fact that the resurrected must have 4 qualities together as follows;

1. It is buried in corruption but raised in incorruption (1Corinthians 15:42)

2. It is raised in glory

(1Corinthians 15:43)

3. It is raised in power

(1Corinthians 15:43)

5. It will changed

(1Corinthians 15:51)

When we read scriptures we find that Jesus did not have all above qualities of the resurrected.
    Then why was he shining?

You were claiming that Moses was glowing therefore he was resurrected. Well actually the bible doesn't even say Moses was shining/glowing. It said Jesus was shining/glowing. So where is your excuse now?

Comment

• Sparko question " Then why was he shining?" Jesus shining is a miraclous event as Elijah and Moses though Elijah was in heaven and Moses was dead before the transfiguration.

Sparko saying "You were claiming that Moses was glowing therefore he was resurrected" is not true; what I said is that Moses is resurrected because he died on the transfiguration because "it is once to die" Hebrews 9:27.

I agree with your statement "Well actually the bible doesn't even say Moses was shining/glowing. It said Jesus was shining/glowing. So where is your excuse now" hence, I stand corrected.

Comment

Sparko question " Then why was he shining?" Jesus shining is a miraclous event as Elijah and Moses though Elijah was in heaven and Moses was dead before the transfiguration.

Sparko saying "You were claiming that Moses was glowing therefore he was resurrected" is not true; what I said is that Moses is resurrected because he died on the transfiguration because "it is once to die" Hebrews 9:27.

I agree with your statement "Well actually the bible doesn't even say Moses was shining/glowing. It said Jesus was shining/glowing. So where is your excuse now" hence, I stand corrected.
        My excuse? It was YOUR excuse. You said that IF Jesus was resurrected he would be shining and everyone would recognize him. Yet he was shining BEFORE he was resurrected. So obviously "shining" isn't a telltale if someone is resurrected or not. Moses' face shone after he saw God's glory and he was not resurrected either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Well, when a mommy Jew and a daddy Jew really like each other....
          Do go on.

Comment

• Sparko saying "You said that IF Jesus was resurrected he would be shining and everyone would recognize him" is true and I clarified in other post the qualities that the resurrected must have; incorruption, glory, power and change.

Comment

Sparko saying "You said that IF Jesus was resurrected he would be shining and everyone would recognize him" is true and I clarified in other post the qualities that the resurrected must have; incorruption, glory, power and change.
              sigh, I give up. I am not sure if you are just really bad at English, or bad at apologetics, or both.

Enjoy your stay.

Comment

Sparko saying "You said that IF Jesus was resurrected he would be shining and everyone would recognize him" is true and I clarified in other post the qualities that the resurrected must have; incorruption, glory, power and change.
                You've confused the Resurrection of the Just at Jesus' return with His unique resurrection as the first fruits. The resurrected do not change until they have met Him in the air, just as He didn't change until He ascended.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Bill the Cat writing " He didn't change until He ascended" is against 1 Corinthians 15:42, 43 & 51 which shows upon resurrection, the resurrected will incorruptable, glorified, powerful and changed.

Had Jesus been dead and resurrected, Jesus have been raised changed right way (not till his ascention).

Comment

Bill the Cat writing " He didn't change until He ascended" is against 1 Corinthians 15:42, 43 & 51 which shows upon resurrection, the resurrected will incorruptable, glorified, powerful and changed.

Had Jesus been dead and resurrected, Jesus have been raised changed right way (not till his ascention).
                    Sorry Hakeem but I've already addressed that. You hand-waving It Away by quoting the very verse that I cited doesn't count. The fact remains that Jesus's resurrection is not the same type of Resurrection as the final Resurrection when we will all be changed in a moment in a twinkling of an eye when we meet him in the air.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sorry Hakeem but I've already addressed that. You hand-waving It Away by quoting the very verse that I cited doesn't count. The fact remains that Jesus's resurrection is not the same type of Resurrection as the final Resurrection when we will all be changed in a moment in a twinkling of an eye when we meet him in the air.
                      You so funny Bill. What ya smokin anyway? Must be good stuff!

Comment

• Bill the Cat writing " The fact remains that Jesus's resurrection is not the same type of Resurrection as the final Resurrection when we will all be changed in a moment in a twinkling of an eye when we meet him in the air" is not true in the first place because Jesus did not die at all. Hence, Jesus neither died nor was resurrected.

For example, had Jesus been dead and resurrected in incorruption (Hebrews 9:27), Jesus should have appeared to even one of his alleged killers of the Jews in his flesh and bones in these 40 days because Jesus came to the sinners not the righteous as per Mark 2:17. But he never made it to his alleged killers because he would have been surely killed.** Such behaviour is only a behavior of a person who did not die at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          You so funny Bill. What ya smokin anyway? Must be good stuff!
                          image.jpg
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Bill the Cat writing " The fact remains that Jesus's resurrection is not the same type of Resurrection as the final Resurrection when we will all be changed in a moment in a twinkling of an eye when we meet him in the air" is not true in the first place because Jesus did not die at all. Hence, Jesus neither died nor was resurrected.
                            You are wrong. He declared He would die and rise again. If He didn't die at all, then He was a false prophet. There is no wiggle room in that.

For example, had Jesus been dead and resurrected in incorruption (Hebrews 9:27), Jesus should have appeared to even one of his alleged killers of the Jews in his flesh and bones in these 40 days because Jesus came to the sinners not the righteous as per Mark 2:17.
                            Could you be ANY more contextually challenged??

But he never made it to his alleged killers because he would have been surely killed.** Such behaviour is only a behavior of a person who did not die at all.
                            Wow....
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It is doubtful in the extreme that after the final resurrection people will be walking around with bodies bearing open wounds. Remember, Thomas was encouraged to touch Jesus' wounds including to put his hand into the wound on his side that he received when it was pierced by the lance.

Source: John 20:27 ESV

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                It is doubtful in the extreme that after the final resurrection people will be walking around with bodies bearing open wounds. Remember, Thomas was encouraged to touch Jesus' wounds including to put his hand into the wound on his side that he received when it was pierced by the lance.

Source: John 20:27 ESV

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”

© Copyright Original Source

Or go around glowing like light bulbs. that would be very annoying.

We will be put back in a state that matches what God meant for us all along. What Adam and Eve were before the Fall.

But I don't think anyone can convince Hakeem he is wrong. He doesn't seem to listen and just repeats himself. And I don't think he is a native English speaker because he doesn't seem to understand any arguments made to correct him. Or at least pretends not to.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X