Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yttrium
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Hakeem even has the advantage of an extra post, but is hopelessly behind.
    Come on, you have a strong bias in this case. You religiously believe the Bible is true, and that Jesus died on the cross. You... well...

Okay, I think he's hopelessly behind too.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Hakeem even has the advantage of an extra post, but is hopelessly behind.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Last part for Hakeem next. I'm guessing he will try to claim that the Gospels have been corrupted in a last ditch effort to try and save his argument.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    He's back, and still can't process that Pilate being surprised that Jesus died so early would not necessarily mean that Jesus did not die as stated. He also brings back the "lingering death" comment. I'm almost thinking this guy is a Poe.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    The History Channel actually did a decent documentary on crucifixion (I think it's this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210802/)

And as part of it, they explain why the Biblical accounts of the crucifixion are not only the most detailed account we have, but medically they are pretty much on target.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The only way Hakeem could be correct is if Jesus was a liar. Since Jesus is a prophet and the messiah to Muslims, calling him a liar is blasphemy. I wonder if he realizes that?

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Rev 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
    I love this article. It shows how if Muslims are right, Allah inadvertently created one of the greatest deceptions ever, Christianity.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The only way Hakeem could be correct is if Jesus was a liar. Since Jesus is a prophet and the messiah to Muslims, calling him a liar is blasphemy. I wonder if he realizes that?

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Rev 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    He doesn't take into account all the other physical abuse that Christ endured before the cross.

And the fact that the Lord GAVE UP His spirit, at the exact right time according to God's plan.

Source: John 10:17-18 HCSB

17 This is why the Father loves Me, because I am laying down My life so I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down on My own. I have the right to lay it down, and I have the right to take it up again. I have received this command from My Father.”

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by JonathanL; 04-06-2015, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    He seems to think that repeating the phrase "slow lingering death" somehow makes his case for him. It's not much of an argument. People can die very easily from things you think wouldn't kill them, or survive things you would think would have to kill them. A shorter length on a Roman cross isn't exactly miraculous.
    He doesn't take into account all the other physical abuse that Christ endured before the cross.

And the fact that the Lord GAVE UP His spirit, at the exact right time according to God's plan.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    He seems to think that repeating the phrase "slow lingering death" somehow makes his case for him. It's not much of an argument. People can die very easily from things you think wouldn't kill them, or survive things you would think would have to kill them. A shorter length on a Roman cross isn't exactly miraculous.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaah, no. He's got no idea what so ever that he's not arguing against a Christian.
    Can he not read the faith designation? Or is he one of those idiots that thinks only Christians believe Jesus died(and rose again, but obviously only Christians will believe that, it would be strange if some one believe all the claims of the Gospels were true but didn't want to accept the gift of salvation)?

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Yeaaaaaaaaah, no. He's got no idea what so ever that he's not arguing against a Christian.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Perhaps he was also caught off guard by the fact that his debate opponent is not a Christian.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Is Hakeem coming back?
    I suspect not. My guess is that he simply collected common muslim arguments against Jesus dying on the cross from somewhere on the net, and when he discovered that he couldn't adequately defend the arguments he ran away. Alternatively he's planning an unassailable comeback.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Is Hakeem coming back?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X