Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Menstrual cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menstrual cups

How many of you use a menstrual cup? do you findit easy to use? what fold have you found easiest to insert? how often do you empty it? how do you clean it?
    I just bought one because I am trying to be healthier and not have chemicals in those regions, but I havnt really researched them LOL just thought they seemed like a good idea. so does anyone have any experience with them?

I've been using mine for five years and I've gotten better with it over time. There's a bit of a learning curve. I use a special wash formulated for my particular brand and I boil it between cycles. It's basically the best thing ever.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

thanks thewriteranon :) definitely must be a learning curve as I was very ready to get rid of it by the end of my first cycle LOL. I will give it another go next time. Getting it in wasn't much fun then didn't know if it was right. then it seemed to sit in the wrong place sometimes and I felt a little uncomfortable. Taking it out was even more fun the very first time I panicked cause I couldn't reach it to take it out...I found out you have to use your muscles like when doing pelvic floor exercises. It was a interesting experience to say the least LOL.

Comment

Haha yes, that's definitely the common experience. Once you learn how to get it to work best for you (which might even be trying a different brand) though, it's a life saver.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

TCapp was using this quite a while ago. You might ask her how she fared with it?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

so used to Facebook I want to like the posts lol

Comment

I can't stand the thought of one. Anything inside UGH!!!!. I much prefer pads, I even hate tampons, it feels weird and stuff tends to be painful. Plain ole pads that I've used for years.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                I can't stand the thought of one. Anything inside UGH!!!!. I much prefer pads, I even hate tampons, it feels weird and stuff tends to be painful. Plain ole pads that I've used for years.
                Fair enough. I got the cup because I hated tampons but I was also a dancer and so I needed something for high activity. I was attracted to it because it didn't carry the risk of tampons and didn't have to be inserted so highly.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X