Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What man things do you like to do with your friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What man things do you like to do with your friends?

On Some morning my friends and I take a 1 to 3 mile hike on Occanechee Mountain (actually a big hill). We take our dogs too.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

I like target shooting, building things, tending a fire in the fireplace, and long walks on the beach.

(OK, not so much the walks on the beach )
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I like target shooting, building things, tending a fire in the fireplace, and long walks on the beach.

(OK, not so much the walks on the beach )
      Is this with other men?
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Is this with other men?
        Hmmmm... target shooting is with other men, or with my wife... the tending a fire is either alone or with my wife and/or family, and the "building things" is usually a solo activity.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Make fun of each other relentlessly, fault each other for the smallest things, and karate chop their throats when I run out of witty comebacks.

Comment

Only about half of the tech conversations we have end that way.

Comment

I used to love to go dip netting with the guys, but few of us are still fit enough to do it. I certainly am not.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by nico View Post
                Make fun of each other relentlessly, fault each other for the smallest things, and karate chop their throats when I run out of witty comebacks.
                If I might ever so politely offer some scriptural advice....
                1 Cor 13 [11]*When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  If I might ever so politely offer some scriptural advice....
                  1 Cor 13 [11]*When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
                  [/QUOTE]

Sounds boring, so I'll file your advise away for the next 30 or 50 years when throat chopping gets dangerous.

Comment

Hmm... I'm not sure I do much of anything with other men. Help them when they ask, that's about it. Outside of a bi-weekly small group I actually don't meet up with men on any sort of basis. :shrug"
                    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

I love "church work days" with our men. We often invite men who seem only to come because their wife comes, and I usually find a compelling reason to "need them". One guy was a backhoe operator, and we needed to dig up a gas line for the city to inspect, so I asked him if he'd help out. He ended up being a really great guy, we had a lot of fun clowning around, but getting the job done, and he became a WILLING attendee to Church.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X