Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

How modern marriage is a fools gamble for men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How modern marriage is a fools gamble for men

I found this Christian Blogger called Dalrock. He documents how the culture is set out to destroy marriage. And how marriage under current law promotes injustice against men. I am interested in your opinions on this controversial topic.

http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/threatpoint/

"this is really about husbands living in fear of their wife becoming unhaaaapy and dynamiting the family. Only a fool hasn’t noticed that one of the most prominent themes in women’s entertainment is the concept of the empowerment women experience from frivolously divorcing."

What I took from that post is that, ideally, a man who is content with his marriage shouldn't have to give a crap about his wife's happiness. This blogger wants men to hold the "threat" over their wives to stay against their will, not for women to hold the "threat" over their husbands that they can leave if they find themselves subject to an intolerable man.
    Last edited by seasanctuary; 02-07-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

In the words of that great philosopher, Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This guy I knew years back gave me advice on marriage. He said:

Once you say "I do" it's the same as saying "I'm done".

Comment

I've been married for 37 years, and it's worked out pretty good.

My advice: Keep expectations LOW!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

MRA says "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Comment

This blogger seems hopelessly bitter.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                "this is really about husbands living in fear of their wife becoming unhaaaapy and dynamiting the family. Only a fool hasn’t noticed that one of the most prominent themes in women’s entertainment is the concept of the empowerment women experience from frivolously divorcing."

What I took from that post is that, ideally, a man who is content with his marriage shouldn't have to give a crap about his wife's happiness.
                What I took from this post is that, ideally, the wife's happiness should not trump everything else. And despite the stereotypes, women are rarely willing to "talk about their feelings" or all around be honest about what makes them miserable with their partners. Which means that with most men being completely delusional in regards to how good women actually are, the unhappiness is not something the average man can solve.

Unhappiness is the primary problem of the unhappy person. It's their job to get their partner involved in solving whatever issues they have. And for Christians, at least, it's not grounds for divorce.

This blogger wants men to hold the "threat" over their wives to stay against their will, not for women to hold the "threat" over their husbands that they can leave if they find themselves subject to an intolerable man.
                More like he doesn't want the law skewed to advantage the person leaving.
                Last edited by Darth Executor; 02-07-2014, 09:40 AM.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I've been married for 37 years, and it's worked out pretty good.

My advice: Keep expectations LOW!!!!
                  50 years in September - God has been good to me.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    50 years in September - God has been good to me.
                    God blesses faithfulness.

Comment

Moral of the story: Find the RIGHT gal and don't get divorced.We can't rely on the law to back up biblical convictions anymore, so we have to self-govern. Anyone can throw in the towel nowadays with minimal social consequences. Hopefully, she fears God and understands what it's about and her role in it.

Comment

What was it called in Calvin and Hobbes? The "He-man girl haters club"? Reading through the comments on that blog reminded me of that club.
                        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by nico View Post
                          Moral of the story: Find the RIGHT gal and don't get divorced.
                          More to the point--be the right man. Even your Bible say's "Husbands, love your wives." It doesn't matter how "right" she is if he's a self-centered slob.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                            More to the point--be the right man. Even your Bible say's "Husbands, love your wives." It doesn't matter how "right" she is if he's a self-centered slob.
                            Yeah, that too.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I think old people should be excluded from this conversation. Most of you haven't the slightest clue what the dating market is like today. Particularly if you live in a large city surrounded by liberals.

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                              More to the point--be the right man. Even your Bible say's "Husbands, love your wives."
                              Preceded by "Wives, submit to your husbands", a scandalous statement that would be deemed misogynistic and have you run out of polite society if publicly uttered. I'm thinking it's an obvious statement that a lot more men love their wives than wives submit to husbands these days.

It doesn't matter how "right" she is if he's a self-centered slob.
                              Self centered slobs appear to be more successful with women:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...udy-finds.html
                              http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...have-less-sex/
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X