Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Smoking or Grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    That tractor trailer smoker - or one very similar - is in Burton, Texas, just "down the road" from my Church. And the "smoking gun", or one very similar, is in Decker Prairie, just down the road from my house.

Hadn't seen the smokin' bug before.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I want this:

smoking-gun-bbq-grill.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    908114ba9bd8e0bc6c21c510378c3403.jpg

I WILL have this one day

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Same here. Did a great job during Thanksgiving last year
    He also has an infrared turkey fryer that makes fried turkey without oil. His back patio is full of cookers and grills.

He likes to throw BBQ parties.

I wonder if I should get him this for his birthday

world-largest-transportable-smoker.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    You guys do the smoking and grilling - I will take care of the eating.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Grillin' rogue style

0000000000rtbq.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    OK, on mine, you grill over the big section, but because of it's size (I guess) if you put a lot of wood in the box to smoke for a long time, it gets pretty hot in the smoke chamber.
    Even if you close the vent on top? Oh... I see.. probably plenty of places for air (and heat / smoke) to come out between the top and bottom halves of the main section, eh? Yeah, if I close the damper on top, it pretty well chokes the fire down to a smoulder.

I have two different friends who tell me they cook theirs first THEN smoke it for about 4 hours...they both swear by it...I may have to try it to see. Ever heard of that?
    Yeah, I've heard of that, no, I've never tried it. It just sounds so wrong!

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Mine's more like this (at the bottom of the post), but this'n ain't mine.... You can "grill" over the firebox, or use the firebox just for wood for the smoke chamber.
    OK, on mine, you grill over the big section, but because of it's size (I guess) if you put a lot of wood in the box to smoke for a long time, it gets pretty hot in the smoke chamber.

EGGzackly... mine usually smokes through most of the night, then begins to cool off by morning - So, yeah, I'll wrap it in foil and put it in the oven, usually at 200 degrees
    I have two different friends who tell me they cook theirs first THEN smoke it for about 4 hours...they both swear by it...I may have to try it to see. Ever heard of that?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Sounds like a big un. Mines more like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6804[/ATTACH]
    Mine's more like this (at the bottom of the post), but this'n ain't mine.... You can "grill" over the firebox, or use the firebox just for wood for the smoke chamber.

I usually "cold smoke" my meat for 4-6 hours then put it in the oven overnight at really low temp...like 225 deg.
    EGGzackly... mine usually smokes through most of the night, then begins to cool off by morning - So, yeah, I'll wrap it in foil and put it in the oven, usually at 200 degrees.

Hmmmmm Tweb did WEIRD things with my pics, but you can figger it out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-26-2015, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    I have a nice sized firebox on the side at the bottom, and I get it burning pretty hot, then there are dampers to restrict both the intake air and the smoke at the top. Makes for a really nice smoky smoke chamber.
    Sounds like a big un. Mines more like this:

smoker.jpg
    I usually "cold smoke" my meat for 4-6 hours then put it in the oven overnight at really low temp...like 225 deg.

Yeah, I have a friend, my exact same age, kinda, whose wife does all the grilling. It just aint right!
    You got that right!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I don't have a big enough firebox on mine to let it smoke all night. I usually start with a little bit of charcoal then add soaked wood for the smoke. I LOVE Mesquite for Beef and Venison. Smoked a Turkey last Thanksgiving using a mix of Pecan and Mesquite...it turned out really well.
    I have a nice sized firebox on the side at the bottom, and I get it burning pretty hot, then there are dampers to restrict both the intake air and the smoke at the top. Makes for a really nice smoky smoke chamber.

Around my house/my family, grilling and smoking are left to the menfolk... None of them want to stand out in the heat (or lately RAIN) in order to fix supper....
    Yeah, I have a friend, my exact same age, kinda, whose wife does all the grilling. It just aint right!

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My brother has an infrared smoker that does a really nice job.
    honestly never heard of an infrared smoker...

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    replied
    I used to (haven't in a long time) smoke a half side of beef or a nice big brisket, but I would put it in the smoker late at night - white oak wood with chunks of mesquite that I had soaked in water for extra smoke.

I discovered the secret was doing this late at night, then going to bed so I'm not tempted to peek at the meat as it cooked. Every time you open the lid to peek, you're losing heat and smoke.
    I don't have a big enough firebox on mine to let it smoke all night. I usually start with a little bit of charcoal then add soaked wood for the smoke. I LOVE Mesquite for Beef and Venison. Smoked a Turkey last Thanksgiving using a mix of Pecan and Mesquite...it turned out really well.

And... you think GIRLS don't grill or smoke? You SEXIST, you!
    Around my house/my family, grilling and smoking are left to the menfolk... None of them want to stand out in the heat (or lately RAIN) in order to fix supper....

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Same here. Did a great job during Thanksgiving last year

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X