Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Smoking or Grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Mine's more like this (at the bottom of the post), but this'n ain't mine.... You can "grill" over the firebox, or use the firebox just for wood for the smoke chamber.
    OK, on mine, you grill over the big section, but because of it's size (I guess) if you put a lot of wood in the box to smoke for a long time, it gets pretty hot in the smoke chamber.

EGGzackly... mine usually smokes through most of the night, then begins to cool off by morning - So, yeah, I'll wrap it in foil and put it in the oven, usually at 200 degrees
    I have two different friends who tell me they cook theirs first THEN smoke it for about 4 hours...they both swear by it...I may have to try it to see. Ever heard of that?
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      OK, on mine, you grill over the big section, but because of it's size (I guess) if you put a lot of wood in the box to smoke for a long time, it gets pretty hot in the smoke chamber.
      Even if you close the vent on top? Oh... I see.. probably plenty of places for air (and heat / smoke) to come out between the top and bottom halves of the main section, eh? Yeah, if I close the damper on top, it pretty well chokes the fire down to a smoulder.

I have two different friends who tell me they cook theirs first THEN smoke it for about 4 hours...they both swear by it...I may have to try it to see. Ever heard of that?
      Yeah, I've heard of that, no, I've never tried it. It just sounds so wrong!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Grillin' rogue style

0000000000rtbq.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You guys do the smoking and grilling - I will take care of the eating.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Same here. Did a great job during Thanksgiving last year
            He also has an infrared turkey fryer that makes fried turkey without oil. His back patio is full of cookers and grills.

He likes to throw BBQ parties.

I wonder if I should get him this for his birthday

world-largest-transportable-smoker.jpg

Comment

908114ba9bd8e0bc6c21c510378c3403.jpg

I WILL have this one day
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I want this:

smoking-gun-bbq-grill.jpg

Comment

That tractor trailer smoker - or one very similar - is in Burton, Texas, just "down the road" from my Church. And the "smoking gun", or one very similar, is in Decker Prairie, just down the road from my house.

Hadn't seen the smokin' bug before.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X