Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Smoking or Grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Sometimes I just want a good "cooked out" hotdog, and rather than fire up my 4 burner gas grill, or get the coals glowing on my BBQ pit / smoker (takes a GOOD half hour to do it right) I bought one of those cheap portable propane grills.

grill.jpg

When we did our Car Clinic at the Church, I brought it along and cooked hotdogs for the Church Crew and visitors, and it really went over great!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You never saw the one included in that Cheech and Chong album from the early 70s

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6738[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6739[/ATTACH]
    MAYBE you could smoke a hamburger with that, but not a brisket or a side of beef.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, you never could find big enough ZigZag papers.
    You never saw the one included in that Cheech and Chong album from the early 70s

0000000000c&crp.jpg 0000000000c&crp2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I never tried smoking meat before. Tobacco and other herbal materials, but never meat.
    Yeah, you never could find big enough ZigZag papers.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I never tried smoking meat before. Tobacco and other herbal materials, but never meat.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And... you think GIRLS don't grill or smoke? You SEXIST, you!
    But they do not talk about it in the Frat . . .

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I used to (haven't in a long time) smoke a half side of beef or a nice big brisket, but I would put it in the smoker late at night - white oak wood with chunks of mesquite that I had soaked in water for extra smoke.

I discovered the secret was doing this late at night, then going to bed so I'm not tempted to peek at the meat as it cooked. Every time you open the lid to peek, you're losing heat and smoke.

And... you think GIRLS don't grill or smoke? You SEXIST, you!

Leave a comment:

• Littlejoe
    started a topic Smoking or Grilling

Smoking or Grilling

My sister and her husband recently moved to their newly purchased farm. My brother in law had bought a new propane smoker that he loved, so for helping him move, he gave me his old smoker. Today is Memorial day, and my wife and kids wanted me to smoke some ribs. I soaked them overnight in a marinade of Dr Pepper, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, teriyaki sauce. As I put them on the smoker, I sprinkle them with a combination of bourbon brown sugar rub and Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder. I just put took them off the smoker after 4 hours of smoking over a combination of Pecan and Pear woods and put them in the Oven. I plan on cooking them about 4 hours at 225 deg... Can't wait till their done to try them!
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X