Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Top Kiwi Bloke. Bitten by shark, stitches himself up, goes to the pub with mates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Kiwi Bloke. Bitten by shark, stitches himself up, goes to the pub with mates.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/odd/210...d-goes-to-pub/
    Originally posted by Yahoo news
    A New Zealand man has survived being attacked by a shark: driving it off with his knife, stitching his own wound onshore and going to the pub for a beer before heading to hospital. Junior doctor James Grant was spearfishing with friends near Colac Bay at the base of the South Island on Saturday when he was attacked by what he believed was a sevengill shark. The 24-year-old was in about 2m of murky water when he felt a tug on his leg, which he initially thought was a mate playing a trick on him.

“I looked behind to see who it was and got a bit of a shock,” he told Radio New Zealand. He didn't see the shark and had no idea how big it was. He thought it might have been about 20cm across the jaw.
    However, he wasn't scared.

“(I thought) bugger, now I have to try and get this thing off my leg.” He already had a knife in his hand and stabbed at the shark. “I am not sure how effective it was. I guess it let go so something must have happened, put a few nicks in it.”

He quickly made it onto rocks on shore. It wasn't until he took off the wetsuit - borrowed from a friend - that he saw the bites, up to 5cm long. He was thankful for the 7mm of wetsuit neoprene. He gave himself stitches using a first aid kit he kept in his vehicle for pig hunts.

He and his friends then went to the Colac Bay Tavern, where he was given a bandage because he was dripping blood on the floor.

The stitching was finished off when he went to Invercargill Hospital, where he was back at work on Monday
    This story is brilliant.
    Last edited by Raphael; 02-04-2014, 03:20 PM.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Those crazy Kiwis!

Although it helps that he was a doc.

And the beer prolly helped......

But I wonder about the first aid kit for pig hunting.

Is that to patch the pig up after?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Almost as manly as my buddy and the Kodiak bear. That thread got lost with the crash.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Those crazy Kiwis!

Although it helps that he was a doc.

And the beer prolly helped......

But I wonder about the first aid kit for pig hunting.

Is that to patch the pig up after?

Arrrggghhhhh Girl in the Frat!!!!!!!!!

(the first aid kit could be because the boars will often fight back when you're trying to stick a knife into it. http://www.nzhuntinginfo.com/game/pig.html )

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Oh, sorry!

I honestly didn't know this was in the Frat.

I'll leave now.

And I was teasing about the first aid for the boar. I read a lot, so I know they can be mean piggies.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Oh, sorry!

I honestly didn't know this was in the Frat.

I'll leave now.

And I was teasing about the first aid for the boar. I read a lot, so I know they can be mean piggies.

Sure, just like you did not know the naturalism forum was the naturalism forum.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Sure, just like you did not know the naturalism forum was the naturalism forum.
              I knew that the naturalism forum was the naturalism forum.

But tzu-py was absolutely begging for a theist to post there!

This was totally accidental.

And you made me post here again!

Comment

I liked that mossrose was in here. Come back mossy and I will buy you a beer

Comment

Thanks, GB. But I don't like beer.

Dark chocolate, maybe!

And I really, REALLY shouldn't be posting in here!

Comment

Thanks, GB. But I don't like beer.

Dark chocolate, maybe!

And I really, REALLY shouldn't be posting in here!
                    Ok...I will get some chocolate. Maybe the guys can take a vote...see if you can be an exception.

Comment

Not holding my breath. But if might last until somebody cares enough to report me.

Comment

We're all too afraid of the Pin to report you

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Come on over here mossy, sit down...make yerself comfortable (GB swipes the half eaten hot dog off the couch). Sorry the place is such a dump...kind a needs a woman's touch...

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            We're all too afraid of the Pin to report you

Comment

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
                              Come on over here mossy, sit down...make yerself comfortable (GB swipes the half eaten hot dog off the couch). Sorry the place is such a dump...kind a needs a woman's touch...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X