Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Cleaning dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning dishes

If you are emptying out the dishwasher, and you find a dish that didn't get clean, how many times can you let it go thro the wash again, in hopes of it getting clean? I would never do this of course, but I'm thinking I may have done five or so times...
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Ummm, clean it by hand???
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Once is enough

Comment

What do you mean? Caked on grime? Layers thick?

Comment

Isn't this supposed to be in the sorority house?

Comment

Whatever's on it went through the dishwasher, too, so it's clean right?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I clean my dishes by hand. I hate dishwashers with a passion.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                I clean my dishes by hand. I hate dishwashers with a passion.
                Every dishwasher we buy, turns out to be junk on some level. Of course you can buy the extended warranty, but they will always break down a month after it expires.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Ummm, clean it by hand???
                  I have to use both hands.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
                    Isn't this supposed to be in the sorority house?
                    Amen, young fella.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm waiting for my dishwasher to die. When it goes, I'm going back to doing it by hand (dishwasher came with the house). No, correction, I'll let the kids do the dishes!

As for the post, I was just having a bit of fun. Once in a while something won't get clean, and my first reaction is to just put it back in and hope for the best. Once in a great while I realize I've done that three or four times, and I realize it probably would have been less work (take out, put back in) had I just given in and washed it by hand after the first time.
                      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

one thing dishwashers never get clean is something with peanut butter on it.

Comment

I normally wash by hand for the two of us, and only use the dishwasher when family descends on us when, going posh, we then use twice as much crockery and cutlery per person as normal. On rare occasions I will use the dishwasher simply to make sure it still works.

When I do use the dishwasher, I will always rinse first, and thus what won't shift easily gets spotted and gets immediate remedial attention. That way I can use the eco-friendly setting, which pleases the eco-friendly missus.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hayward View Post
                            I normally wash by hand for the two of us, and only use the dishwasher when family descends on us when, going posh, we then use twice as much crockery and cutlery per person as normal. On rare occasions I will use the dishwasher simply to make sure it still works.

When I do use the dishwasher, I will always rinse first, and thus what won't shift easily gets spotted and gets immediate remedial attention. That way I can use the eco-friendly setting, which pleases the eco-friendly missus.
                            So you wash your dishes by hand before washing them in the dishwasher? Why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              So you wash your dishes by hand before washing them in the dishwasher? Why bother?
                              Delays putting them away?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X