Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Rum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rum

Since we've got a thread for whiskey, we may as well have one for rum. It is, after all, the choice drink of pirates.

Can anyone recommend me some good rums? I've been looking for a decent sipping rum lately (Sailor Jerry seems to be my choice for Spiced Rums, but I think plain ol' rum can be just as good as spiced if it's decent enough quality)
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

My experience with rum is mostly limited to drinking Captain Morgan and coke when I ran out of bourbon one time.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      My experience with rum is mostly limited to drinking Captain Morgan and coke when I ran out of bourbon one time.
      Yeah, my rum experience is very limited also. CV, you might try Kraken rum, but otherwise I don't have much to suggest.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm rather fond of Bacardi Limon myself.

Comment

Bacardi "Oakheart"....best rum ever (for the money). It's a spiced rum though, and some people don't like the spiced rum varieties. You might find one better but, I bet you'll pay more money for it...very smooth. Just picked up a 1.75L bottle on sale for $23.99 US.

Used to have a buddy (he has since passed) that loved Appleton Reserve. It's pretty good as well. But it's a bit more expensive.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
            Since we've got a thread for whiskey, we may as well have one for rum. It is, after all, the choice drink of pirates.
            It is indeed and the fact that Sparko hadn't already created this thread before you did seriously suggests to me that he might be a bit of a faker.

Comment

Or that he looks upon you guys as pikers.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Or that he looks upon you guys as pikers.
                I prefer my interpretation of the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                  It is indeed and the fact that Sparko hadn't already created this thread before you did seriously suggests to me that he might be a bit of a faker.
                  Why would I want you to know the best rum? That would mean less for me.

My supply is already a bit low as it is:

rum-barrels-01.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4265[/ATTACH]
                    But...why is all the rum gone?
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4265[/ATTACH]
                      That last one looks suspiciously like my rum supply. It even has the proper proportion of water to rum for making grog

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

I've tried a lot of the rums suggested here (Appleton Reserve wasn't too bad. Bacardi Oakheart is pretty decent too. Kraken is all right; I'm actually near the end of a bottle... it goes good with ice. Captain Morgan is my brother's 'go-to' for spiced rum, so that's what I started with a long time ago).

I've got my eye on a couple bottles that my liquor store sells (Plantation Grande 5 Year, and El Dorado 12-year). I'll be trying them when I get a chance.

Comment

Tried some stuff called Brugal Anejo Superior a couple weeks ago... it was 'meh'. Didn't really have much to offer as a sipping rum (which is generally how I like my liquor).

I managed to crack open the bottle of El Dorado 12-year I picked up. Much better quality than most other rums I've tried. It's got a rich, toasted sugar taste at the forefront with a nice little burn (which, according to a friend of mine, is something that aged rums have).

Next on my list is either the Plantation Grande 5-year or Diplomatico Superior. Whatever tickles my fancy.

Comment

Been sipping Diplomatico Reserva for my Friday Night Pen-and-Paper RPG night. I like it a lot. It's got a dry and sweet citrus flavor with a nice burn to it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X