Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, finally tried some scotch that I thought was decent. My buddy received a bottle of Glenlivet 12-year as a gift, and I got to try some. What do you scotch drinkers think about the stuff?
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
      Well, finally tried some scotch that I thought was decent. My buddy received a bottle of Glenlivet 12-year as a gift, and I got to try some. What do you scotch drinkers think about the stuff?
      That was my very first Scotch, and my first whisky in general. I'm no connoisseur, but it seems like a good middle ground between quality and affordability. A good one.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Just tried Bulleit rye whiskey. Pretty good stuff. My first rye whiskey.

Comment

• When I moved to TN I drank a lot of Jack. Now that I work out I only drink on special occasions and smoke weed regularly. When I drink I want to get trashed so its Jack all the way.

Comment

• Tonight when I was in the liquor store I saw something rare and bought it: Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whiskey.

Worth every freaking penny of the $68 I paid for it. Tastes a bit bourbony (like extremely smooth similar to Basil Hayden) and also there are some fruity notes in it. Lots of complex things going on but wonderfully delicious. Would definitely buy again (and again, and again...).
            "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
            -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
              Tonight when I was in the liquor store I saw something rare and bought it: Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whiskey.

Worth every freaking penny of the $68 I paid for it. Tastes a bit bourbony (like extremely smooth similar to Basil Hayden) and also there are some fruity notes in it. Lots of complex things going on but wonderfully delicious. Would definitely buy again (and again, and again...).
              When we lived in a small town in TN my Dad had to ask a liquor store to order a Macallan 18

Comment

Tonight when I was in the liquor store I saw something rare and bought it: Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whiskey.

Hehe, in the wine and spirits store I work at, we have several bottles of Hibiki, though its a lot more expensive than $68.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
                  Hehe, in the wine and spirits store I work at, we have several bottles of Hibiki, though its a lot more expensive than $68.
                  Yeah, I took one look at that price and immediately thought, "Great... now imagine the price tag here in Saskatchewan."

Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• I had some Dalwhinnie 15 the other day. That was nice.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Japanese whisky is phenomenal. I've tried Hibiki, as well as Yamazaki (which is over $100 now, locally). Great stuff.

Comment

• Chivas Regal 25 year old, $400 - 18 year old extra, $70), Irish Mist Liqueur $60 (not that it is easy to find), Haig Dimple 12 year old $45, 15 year old $60

All good for drinking neat.

prices in $au
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Turns out I was wrong about the price of the Hibiki, its pretty much the same as the store T-Shirt Ninja went to.

Lately I've seen this stuff called Yamizaki getting picked up by several customers in the last two days alone. A lot more often than the Hibiki
                          800px-The_Yamazaki_Single_Malt_Whisky_Aged_12_years.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
                            Turns out I was wrong about the price of the Hibiki, its pretty much the same as the store T-Shirt Ninja went to.

Lately I've seen this stuff called Yamizaki getting picked up by several customers in the last two days alone. A lot more often than the Hibiki
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10103[/ATTACH]
                            I've had this, and I thought it was amazing. Expensive, though, and more so than when I bought it a couple years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              I've had this, and I thought it was amazing. Expensive, though, and more so than when I bought it a couple years back.
                              Is it similar to a scotch style of whisky?
                              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
                                Is it similar to a scotch style of whisky?
                                I think so, yeah. Though I'm far from an expert.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X