Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    I raised a glass for Curt the other day.

UntappdCurmudgeonSupplemental.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Trying out this beer from one of our local breweries. A rather pleasant if unusual taste.
    http://www.boundaryroadbrewery.co.nz/craft-beer-range

2016-05-28 18.20.26 (Large).jpg 2016-05-28 18.23.12 (Large).jpg

Leave a comment:

• myth
    replied
    Nice looking McDonald's.

And since I'm in the beer thread....I'm just trying some Negra Modelo. I'm surprised, it's actually pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    So we're on a family road trip for the weekend. Having lunch at the McDonalds in Matamata (aka Hobbiton) and they have this big picture of The Green Dragon on the wall)
    14631020026521596279724.jpg

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Looks like it's unavailable in my area. The only NZ beers available are Steinlager (which I've tried) and a couple varieties of Moa.
    Just had a Moa Imperial Stout.

Zym, you might try tracking some down. It had pretty much no carbonation.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    I've been successfully staying away from beer for the past few months, because of how hard the carbonation is on me. I'm a little bummed, because I do like it, but oh well. My guts thank me for it. (Beer is by no means the cause of my gut problem, but the carbonation is nothing but bad for it.)

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    I really like Weyerbacher's Blithering Idiot (having one now). It's got quite a kick, though (11% ABV).

Leave a comment:

• phat8594
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
    With much prodding from friends, I tried an IPA.
    Pain from start to handing it off after a couple of sips.
    See if you can try the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin (IPA). It is like the gateway drug into IPA's! haha.

I, personally am not the biggest fan of IPA's, but the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin and regular Sculpin are quite tasty. I highly recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    As the old Irish toast so aptly puts it:
    Here's to a long life and a good one, a quick death and an easy one, a long love and a true one, a cold beer and another one.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Looks like it's unavailable in my area. The only NZ beers available are Steinlager (which I've tried) and a couple varieties of Moa.
    If I ever get to visiting the US, I'll have try see if I can bring you a couple.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    Speight 5 Malt Old Dark Ale is rather good. (especially when I'm down in Dunedin at the Speights Ale House that is next to the brewery)

http://www.speights.co.nz/Our-Range/...-Malt-Old-Dark
    "TASTING NOTES:
    5 malt old dark was introduced into the Speight's range in 1992 to meet consumer demands for the classic 'dark' beer. No prizes for guessing why it got its name. By carefully selecting, roasting and matching 5 separate malts we have crafted a dark beer that gives rich, creamy, chocolate fudge flavours swiftly followed by coffee overtones. Perfect for warming the cockles on a stormy night."

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Speight 5 Malt Old Dark Ale is rather good. (especially when I'm down in Dunedin at the Speights Ale House that is next to the brewery)

http://www.speights.co.nz/Our-Range/...-Malt-Old-Dark
    "TASTING NOTES:
    5 malt old dark was introduced into the Speight's range in 1992 to meet consumer demands for the classic 'dark' beer. No prizes for guessing why it got its name. By carefully selecting, roasting and matching 5 separate malts we have crafted a dark beer that gives rich, creamy, chocolate fudge flavours swiftly followed by coffee overtones. Perfect for warming the cockles on a stormy night."

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I actually haven't been drinking beer for a while, because the carbonation is so hard on my digestion. I like beer, but not enough to offset the inevitable misery. I don't drink soda anymore for the same reason.
    Fortunately, whisky does not cause such a problem for the ol' gut.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Do they taste as good as Heineken's or Loewenbrau? Or even Coors?
    Actually, doesn't matter HOW they taste, they're full of hops, and hops is now an established health food. It's even good for my migraines.
    I haven't tried them, because I have no issues with gluten. I believe Omission brewery has an entire line of gluten-free beers.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    You know, there are now gluten-free beers available.
    Do they taste as good as Heineken's or Loewenbrau? Or even Coors?
    Actually, doesn't matter HOW they taste, they're full of hops, and hops is now an established health food. It's even good for my migraines.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X