Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns

A thread like this seems to fit the flow of the forum.

My wife and I each received a custom Glock 22 for Christmas from her father this past year, in addition to a shotgun her mother used as a patrol officer, which he'd been restoring since it was heavily damaged in a collision about ten years ago.

It may seem crass, but I was kind of hoping he'd give us one of his 1873 Winchester repeaters.
    I've always been a history buff, and the Gun that Won the West has hardly any recoil.

What do ya'll have/use/like?
    “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
    -Adam Hamilton, Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White

I really like my Desert Eagle 1911. Just really fun to shoot.

I also like my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag, but I haven't shot that one much. Ammo costs money, darnit!
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Ammo costs money, darnit!
      My father-in-law was kind enough to load us up with about a thousand rounds for the pistols, and nearly five hundred shotgun shells.

Now if only gun ranges weren't so expensive.
      “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
      -Adam Hamilton, Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White

Comment

I still like my .357 magnum Ruger Security Six --- with only six shots, you have to be more accurate than having the ability to spray 14 rounds quickly.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
          My father-in-law was kind enough to load us up with about a thousand rounds for the pistols, and nearly five hundred shotgun shells.

Now if only gun ranges weren't so expensive.
          That's what's fun about living in Texas and having a "big back yard".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            That's what's fun about living in Texas and having a "big back yard".
            My backyard is bigger than yours.

tumblr_inline_mi9diuhNui1qz4rgp.jpg

Comment

I have no guns. Not because I don't want one, but because I am too financially strapped to buy one or to actually go somewhere to use it...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                My backyard is bigger than yours.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3427[/ATTACH]

Of course, I'm specifically referring to my back yard in which I can legally 'open' or 'concealed carry' just about any weapon I want to, and in which it would be safe to do so even if an errant bullet left the muzzle at maximum velocity.
                Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-09-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Of course, I'm specifically referring to my back yard in which I can legally 'open' or 'concealed carry' just about any weapon I want to, and in which it would be safe to do so even if a errant bullet left the muzzle at maximum velocity.
                  you'll shoot your eye out, kid...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    you'll shoot your eye out, kid...
                    Laughing... and I still laugh when he says that in the movie!

Comment

I have an H&K P2000, and my wife owns a Taurus M100. If I had unlimited funds and more time for shooting, I'd love to get me a lot more guns. As it is, I haven't gotten out to the range in nearly 6 months.
                      "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
                      --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

I need to make a list of my guns, but not post it on the internet.

Comment

I think people who own guns are all criminals and murderers and should be shot on sight!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I think people who own guns are all criminals and murderers and should be shot on sight!

By people who own guns and are NOT criminals and murderers?

Comment

By people who own guns and are NOT criminals and murderers?
                              By cameras.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X