Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Sex drive and Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thought: you've increased your activity level, and decrease calories in, so as to make a net deficiet. Your body is lacking in calories, so it adjusts by conserving energy. Fight or flight, good times or bad times, pack away fat or conserve fat, that sort of thing.

Just my wild guess.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
      I was just kidding about the hearing thing...I got bored and tried to be funny, again.
      To which I appreciated!

5 months huh? Mind telling what a typical day looks like meal-wise?
      Breakfast:
      2 small sausage patties (I tend to prefer pork, but I mix it up with turkey for variety)
      2 large boiled eggs
      1 piece of whole grain bread
      1 Sargento cheese stick (usually pepper jack)
      Water

Lunch:
      1 baked chicken breast or 2 salmon fillets
      1 Gala apple
      Diet soda or water (usually financially based decision)

Dinner:
      2 grilled turkey burger patties with sliced cheddar cheese
      1 cup of vegetable of the day
      1 slice of whole grain bread
      water

Dessert:
      sugar free jello or sugar free pudding

And you said you're still working on getting the exercise going...
      I've been in the process of moving for the last 2 to 3 months, so workout time was non-existent. Now that I am in the new house, once I can clear a space, I am getting a treadmill. That's the least painful on my arthritic knee.

Do you like to exercise? Some people hate it. I don't particularly like it, but I figure the only thing worse than exercising is NOT exercising.
      I'd rather swim, but winters in Virginia don't make for good swimming experiences.

But even if it's just getting out and walking around for awhile. I always like walking, especially if I can get to a beautiful area. But if it can only be around the block, then better than nothing.
      I don't like walking in the cold. I prefer to walk when it is warm. And I love scenery.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I have a trainer for my bike; it applies force to the rear wheel, and holds the bike upright, so I can pedal in the basement. Takes up not much more space than the bike itself. I try to amuse myself by watching vids on youtube; I really want to surf forums but I find it a pain to type while pedaling. Would be a great time to watch TV, except I don't have a good TV in the basement. May or may not be good for a bum knee though.

Tough this time of year. I like hiking but have no time during the week (well that's true year round), biking, stuff outdoors. Hate to get a gym membership, seems stupid to pay to go drive someplace where I sit inside in front of a TV... when I could bike there instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Do you work out a lot? Otherwise high protein tends to be bad for you.
          I have fallen off my exercise program. I quit during the summer when I was active outdoors, got restarted then got sick. I have been well for two weeks but have not gotten back on my recumbent bike. Inertia. I get my kidney chemistry checked every three months. So far so good.

My diet is not regular enough to give you any real plan. I eat lots of yogurt, take whey protein supplement. Other than that meat and vegetables. The only oil I use is olive - oh and fish oil, but that is a supplement also.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

We work out at a gym together over here, but I'm one of those people that is extremely high energy. And yes, I'm constantly making the requests as well.

Having a lower drive seems sounds to me like being condemned to one of the lower circles of hell.

Comment

I try to eat around 4500 calories/day now. I swim 2 hours a day 4 days a week, do "crossfit" type workouts four days a week, play roller derby twice a week and try to get a few miles in on my road bike each week.

My libido was down a little bit and I asked my doctor about it. He told me I wasn't eating enough. I went from 2500 to 4500 calories and it seemed to fix the problem.

Maybe the fact that you're eating less plays a part in it, GB?
              The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                I try to eat around 4500 calories/day now. I swim 2 hours a day 4 days a week, do "crossfit" type workouts four days a week, play roller derby twice a week and try to get a few miles in on my road bike each week.

My libido was down a little bit and I asked my doctor about it. He told me I wasn't eating enough. I went from 2500 to 4500 calories and it seemed to fix the problem.

Maybe the fact that you're eating less plays a part in it, GB?
                Whoa Trout! At first I thot you were horsing around per usual. That's quite the workout routine. The roller derby thing really made me think you were joking. I can see why you'd need 4500.

And it may be that my drive is down because of calorie restriction. Maybe it will come back when I start eating more when I hit goal weight. Whatever...I don't really care that much. Feels good to not have the itch. I can actually think about other things for a change

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                  We work out at a gym together over here, but I'm one of those people that is extremely high energy. And yes, I'm constantly making the requests as well.

Having a lower drive seems sounds to me like being condemned to one of the lower circles of hell.
                  I felt the same way when I was young. I assume you're a youngster. Good for you my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    To which I appreciated!

Breakfast:
                    2 small sausage patties (I tend to prefer pork, but I mix it up with turkey for variety)
                    2 large boiled eggs
                    1 piece of whole grain bread
                    Water

Lunch:
                    1 baked chicken breast or 2 salmon fillets
                    1 Gala apple
                    Diet soda or water (usually financially based decision)

Dinner:
                    2 grilled turkey burger patties with sliced cheddar cheese
                    1 cup of vegetable of the day
                    1 slice of whole grain bread
                    water

Dessert:
                    sugar free jello or sugar free pudding

I've been in the process of moving for the last 2 to 3 months, so workout time was non-existent. Now that I am in the new house, once I can clear a space, I am getting a treadmill. That's the least painful on my arthritic knee.

I'd rather swim, but winters in Virginia don't make for good swimming experiences.

I don't like walking in the cold. I prefer to walk when it is warm. And I love scenery.
                    Can't find much wrong with your meals. I'm sure you know as well as I do that the artificial sweeteners are really bad for you. But for diabetics, it's probably the lesser of two evils.

If you were trying to lose weight and get healthy beyond merely countering the type 2 diabetes, then you need to know that the aspartame and the splenda, etc. actually sabotage those well laid plans. But you're a smart guy Bill...least that's what I remember about you in this place. Thnx for sharing...I appreciate it!

Comment

I would have welcomed it years ago. It's nice that it's finally waning.

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
                        I would have welcomed it years ago. It's nice that it's finally waning.
                        So, yer an older dog too sup? Yeah...when we are young sex seems like God's greatest gift to mankind. But the older one gets (generally speaking here), the more one learns that sex typically comes with baggage. If we weren't still so sinful, I suppose it would all be more beautiful, the way God intended it to be. But if often comes to us like a pepperoni pizza that you can't have.

It's there, you're hungry, but that pizza is not for you...you are not invited, not welcome...you can look, but don't touch and don't even get caught looking JERK!

Wow GoBahnsen...you sound cynical! Sorry...bad experiences along the way...

Comment

I felt the same way when I was young. I assume you're a youngster. Good for you my friend
                          33 and I find this kind of odd because I really don't eat a lot and I don't have hardly any sugar and I'm always full of energy.

Comment

33 and I find this kind of odd because I really don't eat a lot and I don't have hardly any sugar and I'm always full of energy.
                            Not odd at all. Not eating too much is the way we were designed to function...me thinks. I picture Jesus, thin, walking miles most days...full of energy...never eating all that much. Just my mental picture.

Comment

Oh...or odd because Trout was told to eat more to increase his drive? I don't think there will be a lot of rhyme or reason to this matter. What works for one, doesn't for another.

Comment

Not odd at all. Not eating too much is the way we were designed to function...me thinks. I picture Jesus, thin, walking miles most days...full of energy...never eating all that much. Just my mental picture.
                                Also, my diet was extremely limited in the past, but changed radically really after I got married. I want to be around as long as I can after all to take care of my Princess.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X