Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Feminist list of demands in chart form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    "I came not to send peace, but a sword?"
    Yes. Jesus's message would be the dividing point of history. You would either be for Him or against Him. You either receive wrath or grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
      Yes. Jesus's message would be the dividing point of history. You would either be for Him or against Him. You either receive wrath or grace.
      But He caused strife between believers and their families. To continue your analogy shouldn't you be bad-mouthing her parents or something?
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

But He caused strife between believers and their families. To continue your analogy shouldn't you be bad-mouthing her parents or something?
        As Christ loved the church. How does He treat her? Ephesians tells you.

Comment

As Christ loved the church. How does He treat her?
          I believe He left a set of instructions to follow then flew off.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
              That attitude is charming but unbiblical.
              This has nothing to do with the Bible. It is trash.

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
              Because trust me, the intensity of all human feelings fades sooner or later with familiarity, and then it very much is the Institution which you must lean on when youthful strength, interest, and novelty fails. (snip)
              Fortunately a strong marriage does not rely on feelings. Feelings are not what real love is all about. Feelings change. Commitment does not. I speak from over 50 years of experience. Oh, and I do "feel" love for my wife. Perhaps more than when we were married, but that is just an extra blessing.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

"I came not to send peace, but a sword?"
                You are mixing up things here. Better go back and get some idea what you are writing about.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  This has nothing to do with the Bible. It is trash.
                  What's wrong with it?

Comment

Darth, I don't usually think of you as a troll, and I do not think you are so slow that you can see the irrelevance of that, and the fact that it does not serve the purpose Epo tried to use it for.

Comment

Darth, I don't usually think of you as a troll, and I do not think you are so slow that you can see the irrelevance of that, and the fact that it does not serve the purpose Epo tried to use it for.
                      You said "This has nothing to do with the Bible. It is trash." implying the concepts discussed in the linked article (did you read it?) are unbiblical. Right now my main hypothesis is that you might have gotten the article mixed up with something else (like the roissy article in the OP) which is why I asked. If you did read it then I would like to know what you find so unbiblical about it.
                      Last edited by Darth Executor; 09-18-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

You are mixing up things here. Better go back and get some idea what you are writing about.
                        No, I am not, I think a lot of people here misuse the idea of loving one's wife like Christ loves the church by projecting their own ideas of what that love means onto the text and assuming they are talking about exactly the same things. So naturally I'm going to indulge in a bit of trolling on the subject because hey, why not?

Comment

You need to look at everything else He did. Philippians 2 gives a fine example. That is what Paul says in Ephesians. Christ gave Himself up for the church so His bride could be holy. I am to care for Allie the same way I care for my own body. She in turn is to respect me.

What happens at times she doesn't respect me?

I love anyway. Why? Because there is no exception in the rule. If Allie wrongs me, that does not give me justification to wrong her back. There is never a justification to do what is wrong. It's also why Allie and I regularly go through marriage books together like "Love and Respect."

And no, it is not a feeling. Love can produce feelings. It can produce very good feelings, but it itself is rooted in the will.

Comment

You need to look at everything else He did. Philippians 2 gives a fine example. That is what Paul says in Ephesians. Christ gave Himself up for the church so His bride could be holy.
                            You're gonna die so Allie can be holy? I think you might be stretching the analogy a little too much.

I am to care for Allie the same way I care for my own body.
                            Well, Jesus delivered Himself to be tortured and crucified... to say nothing of the church's persecutions, which Jesus did not stop, but came to bring.

She in turn is to respect me.
                            Respect. And obey. "With fear and trembling" at that.

What happens at times she doesn't respect me?

I love anyway. Why? Because there is no exception in the rule. If Allie wrongs me, that does not give me justification to wrong her back. There is never a justification to do what is wrong. It's also why Allie and I regularly go through marriage books together like "Love and Respect."

And no, it is not a feeling. Love can produce feelings. It can produce very good feelings, but it itself is rooted in the will.
                            I dunno, what would happen if the church disrespected Jesus? I would imagine it can't really be called a church anymore. Even the most liberal of churches respect Jesus in some form. So to follow the example of Christ and Israel, if your wife disrespects you she should be "cut off". A temporary divorce, or at least a separation, perhaps, until she repents?
                            Last edited by Darth Executor; 09-19-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

You're gonna die so Allie can be holy? I think you might be stretching the analogy a little too much.
                              No. THat's just how far we're supposed to go. If need be, we are to lay our lives down for our wives.

Well, Jesus delivered Himself to be tortured and crucified... to say nothing of the church's persecutions, which Jesus did not stop, but came to bring.
                              He allowed it to happen, but Paul is speaking about how each of us is. We each care for our body, just as Jesus cares for His, the church, and yes, He did stop one persecutor at least....

Respect. And obey. "With fear and trembling" at that.
                              Why should Allie tremble at me?

I dunno, what would happen if the church disrespected Jesus? I would imagine it can't really be called a church anymore. Even the most liberal of churches respect Jesus in some form. So to follow the example of Christ and Israel, if your wife disrespects you she should be "cut off". A temporary divorce, or at least a separation, perhaps, until she repents?
                              Not around here. Christ gave us the standards to end a marriage. Unfaithfulness is required.

Comment

No. THat's just how far we're supposed to go. If need be, we are to lay our lives down for our wives.
                                But Jesus planned out His death specifically. How are you planning yours?

He allowed it to happen
                                So if someone tries to torture and kill Allie you'll allow it to happen? If not, then why are you deviating from Christ's example?

Why should Allie tremble at me?
                                Because that's what the analogy says.

Not around here. Christ gave us the standards to end a marriage. Unfaithfulness is required.
                                But there is still the option of temporary separation. And this doesn't tell me what the consequences for Allie's disrespect are. It's not like disrespecting Jesus is consequence free, so this shouldn't be consequence free either.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X