Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Home Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Renovation

Anyone tackle that? After looking at my house this weekend, and consulting a friend who's a contactor, I think I have a plan: You know how you have sheetrock on the inside, and siding on the outside? I need to replace the stuff in the middle.

That's an easy job, right? Something I could bang out in a weekend, right?
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

If you have a small one room house, yes. I assume you are looking at vapor barrier and insulation.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Close. Three rooms. Do need vapor barrier, insulation is getting wet so I suspect it needs replacing too. Problem is a structural one though. I'm lacking proper rafter ties, so the roof is pushing out a wall.

Comment

Not a one day job. I do not know how much experience Teal has, but . . . good advice or good warning.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ull=1#post3400
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

No.

But since you'll do it anyway...buy your wife roses everyday during construction.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Yeah, I know it is not a minor undertaking, post was half in jest.

Comment

Sketch of the structural problem.
              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X