Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Cannabis? now becoming legal in a number of states. Any tokers out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimL
    replied
    Its safer than alcohol, legalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Moderation in all things boys and girls, can't go wrong. A joint can last me a month, sometimes longer, and it would be so much more convenient to be able to pick it up at the corner store than to look for a dealer with a supply on hand, or being busted simply for smoking mother nature.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
    I don't smoke it and never plan to but I'm for legalization since it's not a dangerous drug.
    I would never say that it wasn't dangerous but it certainly seems far less so than the others.

The important question is does smoking marijuana* cause you to get the munchies for bacon? I never could tell considering that I ALWAYS have the munchies for bacon

* anyone else old enough to remember when the government tended to spell it as "marihuana" and the users called it "grass"?

Leave a comment:

• myth
    replied
    I've never tried it. But, I don't have a problem with people that do enjoy it, so long as they do so responsibly (considering the very high THC content in marijuana these days and the prevalence of people driving while impaired using multiple substances).

As benefits from current drug laws go, the only real benefit I see here is to the drug cartels. I understand the law enforcement connection, but disagree that they're really benefiting. There's plenty of enforcement action to be taken with more dangerous drugs, and I'd like to see the revenue from marijuana shifted from cartels to the government. If we can weaken the cartels, increase tax revenue and also lower our governments' expenses...then why not?

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Templar
    replied
    Seriously read it as "cannibals". I couldn't believe it was becoming legal...

Leave a comment:

• supton
    replied
    There seems to be a good amount of money funneled into law enforcement too, so I wouldn't say the only beneficiary is drug cartels.

I'm not sure what the difference would be between legalization and decriminalizing it. As it is, tobacco and alcohol are legal yet have all sorts of restrictions. Legalizing pot (and maybe some of the other ones) but with the same sorts of restrictions probably won't result in pot smokers all over the place.

What would be an issue is how how long pot remains in the system, and to what effect. If I'm not mistaken, the effects of impairment follow pretty closely to the easily measured alcohol level, meaning it's easy to test and set limits for alcohol impairment. What about similar ways to test for pot impairment? Also, would we get into situations where pot is "legal" yet employers won't want their employees using the stuff? I'm thinking about fire, ambulance, police, truck drivers, etc.

Decriminalizing so that they quit throwing people into jail (save for egarious offenses, like selling to school kids) and wasting money there I'm fine with. Legalizing it to what tobacco/alcohol are at though is going to be tricky. The devil's in the details.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    I suspect that the nation has been victimized by drug laws. The only ones who profit from the war on drugs is the illegal drug merchants. On the other hand we are so deep into the whole thing socially we would go through all sorts of hell if the laws were immediately dropped. If marijuana was completely legal and available in your grocery store it would no longer be tied to other drugs. Plus it is easy to grow . . .

Leave a comment:

• Andius
    replied
    Not interested in that stuff.

And I've just about had enough hearing fellow Latin-Americans getting constantly murdered because of this ban found virtually worldwide, so I support abolishing it's outlaw status.

Leave a comment:

• T-Shirt Ninja
    replied
    I don't smoke it and never plan to but I'm for legalization since it's not a dangerous drug.

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    It shouldn't be criminalized.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Not if you paid me to. I get highly nauseous from even a whiff of it at work (I get a lot of customers with Teh Munchies(TM) going through my till) because it smells like a skunk. Tobacco- particularly cigars or pipe tobacco- can at least smell nice.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by GioD View Post
    Why is this in the Fraternity?
    Why not? The topics up are Beer, Cigars . . .

Leave a comment:

• Soyeong
    replied
    I don't need another addiction in my life, thanks, I've got my Tweb fix finally.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Never done it, not particularly interested, but I'm not particularly worked up about its legalization.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Former toker. Occasionally miss it but have resisted temptation. In any case I think it should at the very least be decriminalized.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Did that in my youth. Don't intend to start up again, thanks.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X