Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Shepherd
    replied
    The Walking Dead is an awesome show, and I'm really looking forward to season 5 in October! I honestly have no idea what Manwe is going on about, though. If anything, the show has reinforced the exact opposite of what he claims. Those who hold on to their humanity and help each other out in spite of what's going on ultimately fare better than those who are only in it for power or revenge. And Michonne's entire character arc is literally about a person coming back from the edge of that kind of darkness, reconnecting with her own humanity, and learning that trusting and caring for other people is better even if it might lead to more hurt later.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I think I have been watching too much of the show..

IMG_0391.JPG

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    In the very midst of the zombie apocalypse and the collapse of human civilization, all their problems were of their own making.
    Too much like real life?

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    I liked the show, then I just got really sick of everybody being stupid. Seriously, how many times does a member of the group need to walk off, alone and unarmed, into some forest somewhere moping about their feelings being hurt before they realize this is a bad idea? You know, with zombies and stuff? It just seemed to me like they did a whole lot of out-of-character dumb things.

In the very midst of the zombie apocalypse and the collapse of human civilization, all their problems were of their own making.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    I kinda like the blondes.

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    And anyway, intentionally hateful characters are still hateful. If I can't root for any of them, why bother watching to see if they'll come through the other side? After all, I'm wishing for their death anyway.

Except for Daryl. There's a reason fans cling on to that character.

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    Maybe there's a Christian part of me that will never be able to stand the abject nihilism and hopelessness of The Walking Dead. I don't know, maybe I would prefer if the zombie plague burns itself out and it ends with whatever remnant is left of mankind trying to recreate civilization (28 Days/Week Later scored major points with me with it showing the zombies succumbing to entropy instead of continuing indefinitely, like most zombie media is wont to do).

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
    My relationship with the show is weird.

I remember watching the pilot episode and the scene where that black dude tried to bring himself to shoot his zombie-wife but couldn't do it and the scene of the so-called "bicycle zombie" (you know, the one that was only an upper body) and how Rick mercifully put her out of her misery after apologizing to her and I was amazed at how much humanity the writers gave a shambling corpse. "This isn't a dumb zombie gore fest," young me thought. "This is a zombie show with depth!"

Yeaaaaaaaa.

About that.

The writers seemed to have forgotten how to write a show like the pilot. It's now filled with utterly reprehensible characters that are friggin' dumbasses and hateful to each other and absolutely beyond rooting for (with the exception of Daryl, of course) and the zombies are your run-of-the-mill zombies without any depth whatsoever. I dunno. I've watched most of the series, so that's something.

I've only seen up to season 4. Perhaps season 5 is better?
    I stopped watching after Season 3 but I think your complaint is strange. At the beginning of the show they were all new to it and were still, basically, civilized men. As the new reality sets in they all become more and more barbaric as barbarism is required to survive in a dangerous world. I think that's about as deep as it can go, at least on this angle. If anything it would be strange if most of them retained their pre-war humanity.

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    My relationship with the show is weird.

I remember watching the pilot episode and the scene where that black dude tried to bring himself to shoot his zombie-wife but couldn't do it and the scene of the so-called "bicycle zombie" (you know, the one that was only an upper body) and how Rick mercifully put her out of her misery after apologizing to her and I was amazed at how much humanity the writers gave a shambling corpse. "This isn't a dumb zombie gore fest," young me thought. "This is a zombie show with depth!"

Yeaaaaaaaa.

About that.

The writers seemed to have forgotten how to write a show like the pilot. It's now filled with utterly reprehensible characters that are friggin' dumbasses and hateful to each other and absolutely beyond rooting for (with the exception of Daryl, of course) and the zombies are your run-of-the-mill zombies without any depth whatsoever. I dunno. I've watched most of the series, so that's something.

I've only seen up to season 4. Perhaps season 5 is better?

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    Anybody like this show?
    I prefer girls soft warm and very much alive.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    started a topic The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Anybody like this show?
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X