Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Do any of you guys smoke cigars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you guys smoke cigars?

I just started recently and I really enjoyed it. I've decided not to smoke much, about twice a month or on special occasions. My first cigar was an Hechicera. I also can't wait to smoke a cigar in celebration when my son is born either in late February or early March.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

cigars stink too much. I do like the smell of pipe smoke though.

Comment

Onyx Reserve Churchills baby!!
      The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Used to. Had a great source for premium Cuban cigars (primarily Romeo y Julieta) in someone who played for the Atlanta Braves but quit shortly after he was traded.

I was once stopped by customs for bringing 20 Cuban cigars back from Jamaica. The two custom officers tried to make me feel bad for doing it but I pointed out that there was a recently published photograph of the President smoking a Cuban cigar. After several minutes of being grilled their superior came in and told the two to take a break. When they left he turned to me and said with a smile, "That's what happens when you take too many steroids." With that he said I was free to leave and as I headed for the door he tossed me one of the cigars and told me to have a good day.

And when I first started smoking cigars I was like Trout and smoked the big old Churchills (a.k.a., El Presidentes and No.1s) but didn't like how soagy they got after you got past the first half and started selecting smaller cigars.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'd like to try a Churchill cigar. I only have a guillotine cutter and it seems like I would need to have a punch cutter to get a good cut on it.
          "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
          -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Probably something that I will try in due time. I have a good friend who smokes a pipe occasionally (quite infrequently, come to think of it), and he likes it.

But otherwise no, I've never tried it before.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I used to smoke them on occasion. These days, I just smoke my pipe from time to time (It's more like once in a blue moon, though... my last pouch took me a year to go through).
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

When I was about 9 years old, I stole one of my Uncle John's cigars. I went out behind the barn and tried to smoke it. Nobody told me you don't inhale cigar smoke. I wanted to die.

I have had ZERO desire to smoke since then.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nope.
                  "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                  -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    When I was about 9 years old, I stole one of my Uncle John's cigars. I went out behind the barn and tried to smoke it. Nobody told me you don't inhale cigar smoke. I wanted to die.

I have had ZERO desire to smoke since then.
                    Lol CP that sounds like a great deterrent from smoking.
                    -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                      Lol CP that sounds like a great deterrent from smoking.
                      It probably ALSO saved me from the drug scene in the late 60's / early 70's -- I couldn't stand to be around smoke, including marihootchie.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nope. And don't ever intend on starting.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

CH860525_JPG.jpg
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Calvin and Hobbes references would earn amens from me, if only there were an amen feature.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Tobacco, fortunately has never been a part of my life. My sins are rationed very dark chocolate, and buckets of good very dark coffee.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X