Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Art of Manliness on Alphas and Betas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Putting on a good act is sure the best way to win a girls heart, and begin a life long happy marriage. Don't under any circumstances ever be open or honest about who and what you are.
    Being yourself works great for most males. Obviously there are no other options beyond faking it and being yourself. Like, say, self-improvement.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Being yourself works great for most males. Obviously there are no other options beyond faking it and being yourself. Like, say, self-improvement.
      Being perfect myself I failed to consider self improvement.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Being perfect myself I failed to consider self improvement.
        I can't wait to look in the mirror.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The point concerning the five he listed is that you could gather half a dozen "experts" in any of those fields and ask them a question relevant to their field and get six totally different answers.
          That's nuthin' -- on a good day I can give you ten answers just by myself!

Of course no one thinks of me as an expert. Well, other than the voices in my head... They're convinced I'm the greatest! ['cept for the guy I ignore, I think he hates me.]
          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

If you gotta try to look manly you have already failed.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              A doctorate in psychology is only slightly more valuable than a doctorate in Applied Sorcery.
              Lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

I'll happily take your opinion, backed up by prejudice and anecdote, over that of someone with doctorate in psychology and studies by numerous other psychologists to back up his assertions.

Need I point out the pitfalls involved in deriving conclusions from self-reports?

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                  Need I point out the pitfalls involved in deriving conclusions from self-reports?
                  If the evidence provided by the author of the post holds no more (social) scientific authority than that of the anecdotal evidence of his critics, his explanation of the information is nonetheless more coherent and compelling.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I recall an acquaintance of mine from a few decades back with advanced degrees in both psychology and psychiatry once telling me that there were several fields that were as much an art as they are a science:
                    • Psychology

• Psychiatry

• Sociology

• Economics

• Political Science
                    I would amend that to say more art than science. Success seems to depend on the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      If the evidence provided by the author of the post holds no more (social) scientific authority than that of the anecdotal evidence of his critics, his explanation of the information is nonetheless more coherent and compelling.
                      I would be more persuaded if the author could provide reliable evidence: ie observations of what types of men women gravitate towards for various purposes.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X