Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Art of Manliness on Alphas and Betas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art of Manliness on Alphas and Betas

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/0...he-alpha-male/

Turns out, those categories aren't all that useful for judging which qualities are most attractive to a woman. The author suggests that the distinction between dominance and prestige is more useful in understanding social and dating dynamics.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

The Conclusion: Taken together, the research suggests that the ideal man (for a date or romantic partner) is one who is assertive, confident, easygoing, and sensitive, without being aggressive, demanding, dominant, quiet, shy, or submissive. In other words, a prestigious man, not a dominant man.
    ----------------
    all these factors are just a bunch of hooey.
    knew plenty of chickz that prefer a quiet and shy type of guy.
    thing is how can a guy figure women out when women don't even really know what they want?

one minute they want a tough guy bad boy then the next they don't...they are really whatever they feel like at the moment kind of creatures.

just go in and tell them who you are and what you want....you tell them what they want and they'll luv ya for it!

Comment

lol
      For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        The Conclusion: Taken together, the research suggests that the ideal man (for a date or romantic partner) is one who is assertive, confident, easygoing, and sensitive, without being aggressive, demanding, dominant, quiet, shy, or submissive. In other words, a prestigious man, not a dominant man.
        ----------------
        thing is how can a guy figure women out when women don't even really know what they want?

one minute they want a tough guy bad boy then the next they don't...they are really whatever they feel like at the moment kind of creatures.

just go in and tell them who you are and what you want....you tell them what they want and they'll luv ya for it!
        For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

I'll happily take your opinion, backed up by prejudice and anecdote, over that of someone with doctorate in psychology and studies by numerous other psychologists to back up his assertions.

Comment

Or you can just bop them on the head with your King James Bible and drag them into your cave!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sounds like the guy's playing equivocation games.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              someone with doctorate in psychology
              A doctorate in psychology is only slightly more valuable than a doctorate in Applied Sorcery.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                A doctorate in psychology is only slightly more valuable than a doctorate in Applied Sorcery.
                I recall an acquaintance of mine from a few decades back with advanced degrees in both psychology and psychiatry once telling me that there were several fields that were as much an art as they are a science:
                • Psychology

• Psychiatry

• Sociology

• Economics

• Political Science

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I recall an acquaintance of mine from a few decades back with advanced degrees in both psychology and psychiatry once telling me that there were several fields that were as much an art as they are a science:
                  • Psychology

• Psychiatry

• Sociology

• Economics

• Political Science

And then there's the Drama Majors!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    And then there's the Drama Majors!
                    The point concerning the five he listed is that you could gather half a dozen "experts" in any of those fields and ask them a question relevant to their field and get six totally different answers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The point concerning the five he listed is that you could gather half a dozen "experts" in any of those fields and ask them a question relevant to their field and get six totally different answers.
                      Six, I say, yay SEVEN.

Comment

----------------

Lol
                        Rofl
                        Lmfao
                        gg no re
                        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

• Psychology

• Psychiatry

• Sociology

• Economics

• Political Science
                          That certain fields are not exact sciences is hardly news to anyone with familiarity with the Humanities (CP, get ready for your favorite line). This doesn't mean the credentials are worthless, though. If nothing else, it means they will be familiar with the field's methodology.

In this particular case, any sane person would readily take academic psychology over the pseudo-psychology of the pick-up artists, which the article neatly dismantles.

Comment

Putting on a good act is sure the best way to win a girls heart, and begin a life long happy marriage. Don't under any circumstances ever be open or honest about who and what you are.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              In this particular case, any sane person would readily take academic psychology over the pseudo-psychology of the pick-up artists, which the article neatly dismantles.
                              I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific. The list outlined as the way to go looks like a carbon copy of PUA advice. Of course that depends on which PUA you are talking about since it's hardly doctrine set in stone.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X