Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Who was manlier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was manlier?

The question of the ages....

Picard or Kirk? If you think you can defend an unorthodox position on this, you may also answer Sisko. (The other two captains aren't worthy of being mentioned here, for obvious reasons.)

Discuss.
    Last edited by Zymologist; 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Kirk. He could actually fight. He didn't just sit around drinking tea ordering others around.

Comment

Has either been known to wear manties?

What is their position on bacon - limp or crispy like we got before the war?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Kirk. He could actually fight. He didn't just sit around drinking tea ordering others around.
        This is a good point. You may just turn me....

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Has either been known to wear manties?

What is their position on bacon - limp or crispy like we got before the war?
        Interesting questions, with disturbing implications. Can anyone offer insight on this?

Comment

Kirk, of course, but Picard was a much better archeologist.
          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Picard. Anything Kirk can do, Picard can do better, and Picard had a much more commanding presence. Kirk was better suited to be a first officer.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Picard. Anything Kirk can do, Picard can do better, and Picard had a much more commanding presence. Kirk was better suited to be a first officer.
              I think I have to agree with this. Picard always seemed to demand so much respect. Also, he rocked baldness. It's a shame he didn't also have a beard.

Comment

Picard didn't get goofy like Kirk did. Can you REALLY imagine Picard putting up with Tribbles?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Picard didn't get goofy like Kirk did. Can you REALLY imagine Picard putting up with Tribbles?
                  He put up with Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    He put up with Q.
                    He didn't have much choice considering what Q can do.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      He didn't have much choice considering what Q can do.
                      True, didn't think of that.

Comment

I thought he did rather well with Q. He wouldn't put up with much crap.

Comment

We only knew Picard as the mature father figure he became, and we mainly knew Kirk as the brash young captain in his first command, so it's a bit of an unfair comparison. The Star Trek movies show a much more Picard-like Kirk than did the TV show, as we'd hope with years of experience under his belt.

I'd rather have Captain John Sheridan than either of them, though. He had young Kirk's vigor and old Picard's tact. He was a mayor, a general, and an ambassador all at once.

Comment

Picard is a metrosexual weenie.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X