Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

For guys who don't want to be single any longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to bother to read all that garbage.

If you or anyone else does not agree with what the Bible has to say about the husband/wife relationship I could care less whatever else you people ramble on and on about.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      I accepted the Filipina I married as my wife.

Explain your point better.
      You think that the women are awesome primarily because they're willing to accept you, unlike the women in your homeland. That's a rather warped perspective.

The issue is the warped valuation of women as presented in his OP: Asian women are supposedly "awesome" - not because of their own virtue, not because they recognise good qualities in the husband, but because they're willing to accept him as boyfriend/husband.

Comment

They don't accept me in my homeland because I believe a wife is to be submissive to her husband. God says this is what is expected of her (Ephesians 5:24).

That's not "warped" at all.

Comment

Already answered your question in the above post.

I didn't want to live forever in either Japan or Korea. That was why I didn't marry either lady I began to see when I was there.
          Oh, I see now. You think that a focus on the financial status of the partner is a 'bad' attitude. So yes, I do assert that for those who sought to marry you that they had this 'bad' attitude, that they would likely not have bothered if you were poor, that though you may not have been wealthy by Western standards they would only have been interested if they thought you could provide at least enough for financial security.

Comment

Total garbage.

Comment

They don't accept me in my homeland
              I rest my case.
              Originally posted by Paprika
              You think that the women are awesome primarily because they're willing to accept you

Comment

You left out the part about what God's word teaches.

No wonder you want to give it a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                  foudroyant's right: they're not weak-willed.
                  Yeah, that was a poor choice of words -- I meant that it's NOT because they honor God's Word that he finds them particularly ... um.. desirable. That's a crock.

The issue is the warped valuation of women as presented in his OP: Asian women are supposedly "awesome" - not because of their own virtue, not because they recognise good qualities in the husband, but because they're willing to accept him as boyfriend/husband.
                  He has "issues" regarding women.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They don't accept me in my homeland because I believe a wife is to be submissive to her husband. God says this is what is expected of her (Ephesians 5:24).
                    I think it's disgusting when a man hides behind scripture to get what he wants. You don't seem to focus on what God says he expects of you - just of women.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Foud,honest question here, what should a women do if she is being abused?
                      ETA: The reason I'm asking is because I want to see a non-egalitarian answer this question.
                      Last edited by Irate Canadian; 05-25-2014, 08:31 AM.
                      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I support the :
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to bother to read all that garbage.

If you or anyone else does not agree with what the Bible has to say about the husband/wife relationship I could care less whatever else you people ramble on and on about.
                        Your personal interpretation of two verses is worth more than the dignity and safety of human beings? Those verses are so important that you feel comfortable using them to justify manipulation and prejudice? That's a rather idolatrous position to take. If you believe that Jesus Christ is truly the incarnate revelation and Word of God, then a scriptural interpretation that conflicts with his personality and character as revealed in the gospels can't be accurate. Does your reading of the gospels suggest to you that Jesus supported injustice? That he was on board with attitudes like "Ugh, women who say they have equal worth as human beings are so frustrating?" That he was fine with marginalizing women, and favored women who weren't willing to stand up for themselves and to others if need be? Or that he thought a woman's value was found in her willingness to fulfill a man's personal desires? I mean, really--you're upholding those two verses as if they constituted the gospel--the heart and soul of your religion.

And anyway, posters like DanteTing already addressed your argument in the last thread. You're more than a year late in responding. Namely, Ephesians 5:21 says that wives and husbands are to submit to each other out of reverence. That's problematic for your view.
                        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          I think it's disgusting when a man hides behind scripture to get what he wants. You don't seem to focus on what God says he expects of you - just of women.
                          It's disgusting to want a wife that obeys what God says?

How stupid of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                            Foud,honest question here, what should a women do if she is being abused?
                            ETA: The reason I'm asking is because I want to see a non-egalitarian answer this question.
                            Have the one doing the abuse arrested.
                            Last edited by foudroyant; 05-25-2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              Your personal interpretation of two verses is worth more than the dignity and safety of human beings? Those verses are so important that you feel comfortable using them to justify manipulation and prejudice? That's a rather idolatrous position to take. If you believe that Jesus Christ is truly the incarnate revelation and Word of God, then a scriptural interpretation that conflicts with his personality and character as revealed in the gospels can't be accurate. Does your reading of the gospels suggest to you that Jesus supported injustice? That he was on board with attitudes like "Ugh, women who say they have equal worth as human beings are so frustrating?" That he was fine with marginalizing women, and favored women who weren't willing to stand up for themselves and to others if need be? Or that he thought a woman's value was found in her willingness to fulfill a man's personal desires? I mean, really--you're upholding those two verses as if they constituted the gospel--the heart and soul of your religion.

And anyway, posters like DanteTing already addressed your argument in the last thread. You're more than a year late in responding. Namely, Ephesians 5:21 says that wives and husbands are to submit to each other out of reverence. That's problematic for your view.
                              My personal interpretation?

Nice try but I can cite plenty of Greek lexicons that agree with me.
                              And I have previously dealt with Ephesians 5:21 before TWEB crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                                Heh. There's little to be satisfied about when almost all of these women - the ones who throw themselves at Caucasians - want is a financially comfortable, social status-boosting marriage. It's not about the character or any virtues of the guys but their race and thus the associated status and wealth.
                                You're pretty ignorant if you think women anywhere are attracted to your character. Character has nothing to do with sexual attraction (for either gender).
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X