Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

For guys who don't want to be single any longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Actually you were lucky enough to be born into a culture that conditioned women in a manner similar to how East Asia still does. If all the old people lecturing like they still knew what they were talking about had to be young again and find a wife today you'd all end up driving around Santa Barbara shooting sorority girls.
    When I was in my mid-twenties and went to Asia for the first time man it was like a total breath of fresh air upon seeing how pretty the ladies were coupled with their gentleness and kindness. Growing up in the USA I knew something wasn't right about how the women behaved - especially Christian women.
    Last edited by foudroyant; 05-25-2014, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    NONE of that requires me to go to a third world country to find a wife. God did just fine by me. I didn't have to repulse a bunch of women then go offshore.
    You grew up when things weren't as bad as when I grew up. Their level of stupidity and defiance has increased.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Actually you were lucky enough to be born into a culture that conditioned women in a manner similar to how East Asia still does. If all the old people lecturing like they still knew what they were talking about had to be young again and find a wife today you'd all end up driving around Santa Barbara shooting sorority girls.
    wow

even for you, DE... wow

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    NONE of that requires me to go to a third world country to find a wife. God did just fine by me. I didn't have to repulse a bunch of women then go offshore.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    I have written about this elsewhere:

1. Are you ravished with love for your wife (Proverbs 5:19 - shahgah - pronounced shaygay)?
    2. Do you attempt to love your wife as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25)?
    3. Do you hold any kind of bitterness against your wife (Colossians 3:19)?
    4. Do you have a special honor for your wife in your heart (1 Peter 3:7)?
    Wives
    1. Barring sin (Acts 5:29) are you willing to submit to your husband in everything (Ephesians 5:24)?
    2. Do you have a godly fear for your husband (Ephesians 5:33)?
    3. Do you treat your husband as the God appointed master of your marriage (1 Peter 3:6)?
    4. Do you have a gentle and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:4) speaking the law of kindness (Proverbs 31:26)?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Teaching/page3

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    I won't get past your level of stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I get it --- you're competing with Mickiel for dumbest poster.
    He still has to get past JimL

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    I think it's disgusting when a man hides behind scripture to get what he wants. You don't seem to focus on what God says he expects of you - just of women.
    I have written about this elsewhere:
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Teaching/page3
    Post #21
    1. Are you ravished with love for your wife (Proverbs 5:19 - shahgah - pronounced shaygay)?
    2. Do you attempt to love your wife as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25)?
    3. Do you hold any kind of bitterness against your wife (Colossians 3:19)?
    4. Do you have a special honor for your wife in your heart (1 Peter 3:7)?
    Wives
    1. Barring sin (Acts 5:29) are you willing to submit to your husband in everything (Ephesians 5:24)?
    2. Do you have a godly fear for your husband (Ephesians 5:33)?
    3. Do you treat your husband as the God appointed master of your marriage (1 Peter 3:6)?
    4. Do you have a gentle and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:4) speaking the law of kindness (Proverbs 31:26)?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Beliefs/page4
    Post #35
    What I try to obey:
    1. Be ravished with love for my wife (Proverbs 5:19).
    2. Attempt to love my wife as Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25).
    3. I am not to hold any kind of bitterness against my wife (Colossians 3:19).
    4. I am to have a special honor for my wife in my heart (1 Peter 3:7).
    Last edited by foudroyant; 05-25-2014, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    It's disgusting to want a wife that obeys what God says?

How stupid of you.
    I get it --- you're competing with Mickiel for dumbest poster.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    You may not have any character qualities which might be attractive to a potential mate, but that doesn't mean that no one else does.
    I have plenty actually, they're just not virtues.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Your point was dumb because if you're gonna wait around for somebody to be primarily interested in your virtues you're gonna be waiting a long, long time.
    You may not have any character qualities which might be attractive to a potential mate, but that doesn't mean that no one else does.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Paprika View Post

No.

But let's say it does, for the sake of argument. My point was that they were not primarily interested in anything good or virtuous about him or his character.

Do you have an actual point, or are you trying to troll?
    Your point was dumb because if you're gonna wait around for somebody to be primarily interested in your virtues you're gonna be waiting a long, long time.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    You said women throw themselves at him for his money rather than his character. Unless it's an arranged marriage (in which case what she wants doesn't matter) then you had to be talking about sexual attraction. Those are pretty much your only options.

No.

But let's say it does, for the sake of argument. My point was that they were not primarily interested in anything good or virtuous about him or his character.

Do you have an actual point, or are you trying to troll?
    Last edited by Paprika; 05-25-2014, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Was I talking about sexual attraction? I was talking about marriage, and foudroyant's valuation of women.
    You said women throw themselves at him for his money rather than his character. Unless it's an arranged marriage (in which case what she wants doesn't matter) then you had to be talking about sexual attraction. Those are pretty much your only options.

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    Have the one doing the abuse arrested.
    Ah ok...the reason I asked was because I know some people who have a non-egalitarian view who say women should stay in a abusive marriage no matter what.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X