Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Home Defense Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Defense Plans

I was talking with a friend (more of an acquaintance) the other day, and I was a little surprised to discover that he had no home defense plan. It was such a foreign concept to him that I was completely taken aback. So, then I got to thinking…I tend to associate with a lot of gun enthusiasts (law enforcement, military, CCW fans, etc.). Maybe having a home defense plan isn’t as common as I assumed.

By defense plan, I mean that you have a set of pre-determined steps execute in the event you are attacked in your home, generally have acquired/placed items around your property to facilitate this plan, and have communicated this plan to the other residents of your home.

I have a plan. A lot of people I know have a plan. Some guys I know have hidden ‘panic rooms’ in their home and the wives/kids know that in the event something happens, they’re supposed to grab a phone (and gun) and hide in the panic room while calling 911. I even know some guys who have specifically constructed their homes to impede an all-out assault by a tactical team.

So, how many of you have some kind of plan in place? It doesn’t have to be as extensive as what I’ve mentioned above, and I don’t care to know the details of your plan. I just want to get a sense of how common this is.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

I keep claymore mines in the soffits pointing down above every entrance.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I keep claymore mines in the soffits pointing down above every entrance.
      Well, I suppose that'd do the trick.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
        Well, I suppose that'd do the trick.
        Well at least for the first line of defense.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have a killer schnauzer. If he wakes up he will bark them to death till they give him a cookie.

Comment

Well, it was worth a shot. Guess I'm not as normal as I thought!

Comment

I have a loaded .40 cal automatic under my mattress and a loaded 12 gauge auto in my closet. My son has his .40 cal in his room in a cabinet, my other son has a loaded 20 gauge pump in his closet. If someone attacks my home, he probably will not survive...
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Have all the doors in a hall open outward into the hall and place a ballistic shield within them. That way you can duck behind them as you swing them open providing sufficient cover for when you open fire. Of course be sure to reinforce the hinges for the additional weight.

If you live in a multi-storied building having the bottom step of a stairway hinged to open upward makes for a great stash for a firearm that you can get to without retreating to a bedroom or den. Similarly having a holstered handgun above the door in a pantry is another spot to be considered -- but only if you're tall enough to reach it (I'm five foot sixteen inches).

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Have all the doors in a hall open outward into the hall and place a ballistic shield within them. That way you can duck behind them as you swing them open providing sufficient cover for when you open fire. Of course be sure to reinforce the hinges for the additional weight.

If you live in a multi-storied building having the bottom step of a stairway hinged to open upward makes for a great stash for a firearm that you can get to without retreating to a bedroom or den. Similarly having a holstered handgun above the door in a pantry is another spot to be considered -- but only if you're tall enough to reach it (I'm five foot sixteen inches).
                  I like your suggestions. I'm particularly fond of steel-core doors (with steel door frames) that open outward. That kind of door takes a lot of effort to get through. I've also recently started looking in to ballistic window film. All things I plan to incorporate into my home someday.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                    I like your suggestions. I'm particularly fond of steel-core doors (with steel door frames) that open outward. That kind of door takes a lot of effort to get through. I've also recently started looking in to ballistic window film. All things I plan to incorporate into my home someday.
                    A door is only as strong as the frame it is in.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X