Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Where do we draw the line on crossing the gender line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

My wife makes ham & cheese and bacon and cheese - both with green peppers, red peppers, and other goodies.
    When somebody pulls that "real men don't eat quiche" nonsense, I just tell them that leaves more for me!
    Just like with an omelet, I like mine with just ham and cheese. I don't like spicy eggs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I had a secretary once who was a tad "spooky", and I literally tried to walk "louder" when approaching her in the copy room or break room. If I didn't "walk louder", when I started to speak... like once she was adding copy paper to the copier, and I just walked in to begin a conversation, "Mary....." And she screamed and threw the whole stack of copy paper in the air....
      Yup. Been there. Done that. Usually accidentally.

If you want to see if you can really walk silently, try sneaking up from behind on a dog that is either sitting or lying with its head up. And make sure you are downwind.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

If you want to see if you can really walk silently, try sneaking up from behind on a dog that is either sitting or lying with its head up. And make sure you are downwind.
        I play that game sometimes with Jake --- and if I manage to spook him, I always make sure to show him some love.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I play that game sometimes with Jake --- and if I manage to spook him, I always make sure to show him some love.
          But if too much you might train the dog to be spooked in order to get attention/treats.

Can you do it outside on concrete or asphalt?

Comment

My father's nickname for me when I was little young was "spook" because I tended to suddenly appear next to him or in the middle of a group with no warning. Caught him smoking dozens of times after he quit, but never said a word about it either to him or mom. Had a gf remark that she's never known anyone as light on my feet as I was -- to which I replied, just as long as it isn't light in my loafers. It was a different time.

My all time favorite thing was to vanish while we were walking along and talking. There are three moves that require utter silence and perfect timing to pull off but the person (some times people) you were with will continue talking for a few seconds before they notice that you are nowhere to be found. That tends to freak them out because you were literally standing next to them just seconds earlier, and someone my size couldn't simply vanish.

I walk stepping on the back outside of my heel rolling the foot and stepping off of the inside of my big toe (hence the callouses when I went barefoot). Years later I learned that was part of a technique the ninjas used called "Deep Rabbit Way" to walk quietly. And if you use it while walking sideways the trail you leave in tall grass doesn't resemble one made by a person.
            I'm over 6' tall as well, and I've been called a ninja for how "sneaky" I am. I don't like all the noise everyone else makes while walking, and I toe walk. The combination has led to many people being startled when I walk up behind them, or not noticing when I walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I'm over 6' tall as well, and I've been called a ninja for how "sneaky" I am. I don't like all the noise everyone else makes while walking, and I toe walk. The combination has led to many people being startled when I walk up behind them, or not noticing when I walk away.
              On the other hand, one of my police partners was so noisy when walking that we often thought "send him into the dark alley first, so he can draw fire, and we'll deal with the situation". I think he 'scuffed' his feet when he walked, along with all the battle rattle on his duty belt.

Stealth was not his greatest attribute.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On the other hand, one of my police partners was so noisy when walking that we often thought "send him into the dark alley first, so he can draw fire, and we'll deal with the situation". I think he 'scuffed' his feet when he walked, along with all the battle rattle on his duty belt.

Was he even aware of it?

Comment

Well, if I had to talk during a stealth mission that would ruin it. I don't control the volume of my voice well. It's either super quiet, or super loud. If I'm outside or otherwise in public* I'm loud, if I'm in my house or in someone else's I'm quiet.

*Most of the time anyway. One doctor visit at least I've been way too quiet and was repeatedly asked to speak louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Well, if I had to talk during a stealth mission that would ruin it. I don't control the volume of my voice well. It's either super quiet, or super loud. If I'm outside or otherwise in public* I'm loud, if I'm in my house or in someone else's I'm quiet.

*Most of the time anyway. One doctor visit at least I've been way too quiet and was repeatedly asked to speak louder.
                    OK, so we have that in common! It's not unusual for me to be in a conversation, and suddenly realize I'm "yelling". (not really yelling, but clearly talking too loud)

I think part of it is that when I'm explaining something, I go into "teacher mode", thinking I need to project my voice to the back of the room.

Comment

this seems relevant in light of talk about sneaking up on people.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oi vey! This is gonna take some serious rogue power

ROGUE POWAZ ACTIVATE! smiley rogue powas activate.gif

FORM OF FIX THIS MESS!

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                        23139bff597846b2aa996c79dca54178.jpg this seems relevant in light of talk about sneaking up on people.

Comment

I can't do that with my dog. Not only is her hearing exceptionally keen, but if she's not sleeping or seriously distracted, she's always paying attention to me.

Comment

Backpacks are fine. Fanny packs are not.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I can't do that with my dog. Not only is her hearing exceptionally keen, but if she's not sleeping or seriously distracted, she's always paying attention to me.
                              Yeah, it only counts if the dog isn't distracted, but if she's focused on you...

Comment

Was he even aware of it?
                                Oh yeah, we called him ThunderFoot. He could actually be quiet, but he had to really focus on it.
                                He mostly worked dayshift, when there wasn't a need to be sneaking around dark alleys at night.

AND, he was somewhat of a Garet Trooper, as I referenced elsewhere.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X