Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Let's see now... Didn't Trump make places of worship (churches, synagogues, mosques temples etc.) "essential" meaning that the states can't close them? But now the states are trying to regulate worship services.

Isn't that a violation of the First Amendment? Or at the very least like telling a store that they can open but only as long as someone doesn't buy anything.
    The Supreme Court muddled it up again.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      As I said in the other thread, I'll comply with our State's guidance because we have a lot of older people who are very susceptible to this, and I love them.
      If it makes them feel better to wear masks, I can play that game.
      Have multiple church meetings -- mask and maskless.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Have multiple church meetings -- mask and maskless.
        We are blessed with a large "fan shaped" auditorium with multiple (7 or 8) entrance/exits with PLENTY of room to spread out.
        I'm actually thinking about just declaring one half for masks and the other half for not.

getting ready for Sunday Morning 2.jpg

This represents half of the auditorium.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• What I'm more concerned about is Fauci saying that there should be no Communion, indefinitely. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason it shouldn't be held every Sunday, and this is one of the major sacraments of the faith. It's not optional.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            What I'm more concerned about is Fauci saying that there should be no Communion, indefinitely. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason it shouldn't be held every Sunday, and this is one of the major sacraments of the faith. It's not optional.
            We adapted just fine --- he had the communion elements available in individual servings on several tables throughout the sanctuary, and gave plenty of time for people to get theirs, either individually or as family units.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We adapted just fine --- he had the communion elements available in individual servings on several tables throughout the sanctuary, and gave plenty of time for people to get theirs, either individually or as family units.
              we have these stupid sealed cups with grape juice. the seal on the top has a plastic/bread wafer across the top, which is separately sealed -- like a lid with two seals. I just skip that plastic wafer thingy. Maybe I will bring crackers and hand them out.

Comment

we have these stupid sealed cups with grape juice. the seal on the top has a plastic/bread wafer across the top, which is separately sealed -- like a lid with two seals. I just skip that plastic wafer thingy. Maybe I will bring crackers and hand them out.
                Yeah, those were an option for us, but it just seemed... a bit.... contrived?

Comment

Yeah, those were an option for us, but it just seemed... a bit.... contrived?
                  You can't see those being used at the Last Supper?

Comment

We've used those at our church now. Before, we had the juice cup with this piece of bread in its own little place with one seal over all. But that's been out of stock for some reason. We want that back so I'm still looking.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

You can't see those being used at the Last Supper?
                      Yes.

Comment

HEY!!! You guys would be able to watch me get arrested on worldwide TV!!!!!
                        I could sell tickets to some of our more obstinate members!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I could sell tickets to some of our more obstinate members!
                          rogutech is ready and waiting to start printing T-shirts with select images from any videos of it.

We just need to come up with a catch phrase to really sell it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            rogutech is ready and waiting to start printing T-shirts with select images from any videos of it.

We just need to come up with a catch phrase to really sell it.
                            Put some bars across his face and below it print "Cow Pokey."

you're welcome.

Comment

• You can tell his church is in Texas: They are all wearing cowboy boots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                You can tell his church is in Texas: They are all wearing cowboy boots.
                                I started to ask the piano player to hold up her feet!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X