Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We are waiting on our PTZOptics camera which is directly supported in vMix, and has multiple simultaneous outputs.
    woah! that's expensive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      woah! that's expensive!
      It is - but...

A) supposedly it's the best of the best for what we're doing
      2) it is being gifted to us
      C) we're planning on continuing to livestream even after this whatever-it-is is over.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is - but...

C) we're planning on continuing to livestream even after this whatever-it-is is over.
        cool.

Comment

It is - but...

Just keep the receipt.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

What we found out was that the USB appliance we were using (turned output from the soundboard to USB input to streaming computer) was adding noise. It was a Behringer (which I was told was "good stuff") but we replaced it with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB interface, and the demonic hissing and noise instantly disappeared!

The $60 RadioShack solution was replaced with the $200 professional solution, problem solved!
            From RadioShack? How long have you had that?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              From RadioShack? How long have you had that?
              About two weeks.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                Just keep the receipt.
                It's a gift - I won't have a receipt.

Comment

• Today was the first day we were "reopened" since about 7 weeks ago. Lots of cautionary warnings, and plenty of "WE UNDERSTAND if you are not ready", yet 39 people showed up for worship.

It was GREAT to hear people "singing back to us", but it was a little unsettling preaching to "the train robber crew". (about half of them wore masks)

Seriously, I had JUST GOTTEN USED to "preaching to a camera", and this morning threw me a little, because I had ACTUAL PEOPLE in the room.

It was great! We called it a "Soft Open" (like some stores or restaurants do a "soft open" before their "Grand Opening".

Looking forward to the time when we're ALL back together!!!

Comment

• Federal judge rules for right of churches to gather

https://www.toddstarnes.com/coronavi...ign=social-pug

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Federal judge rules for right of churches to gather

https://www.toddstarnes.com/coronavi...ign=social-pug
                      (After closer look) actually a temporary injunction....which means, I guess, the ball is now in the governor's court?

Comment

• As of this evening, churches can open with up to 50% of maximum capacity - except for my county, where one commissioner saw his shadow and the lockdown will continue for another 2 weeks.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          As of this evening, churches can open with up to 50% of maximum capacity - except for my county, where one commissioner saw his shadow and the lockdown will continue for another 2 weeks.
                          There was a lot of confusion initially over churches in my area reopening, because businesses could only open with 25% capacity. Our governor cleared that up pretty quickly that the limiting factor would be the church's ability to maintain social distancing - not a percent.

Really good to see you, OBP.

Comment

There was a lot of confusion initially over churches in my area reopening, because businesses could only open with 25% capacity. Our governor cleared that up pretty quickly that the limiting factor would be the church's ability to maintain social distancing - not a percent.

Really good to see you, OBP.
                            Yeah, the limiting factor for us will be social distancing, too. We're working on figuring out how many we can accommodate. My days are mostly taken up by babysitting a toddler (and a 21-year old and 27-year old) . Since I'm "essential personnel" at church, I'm one of 5 who has been attending; my remaining free time mostly goes to putting together the church bulletin for distribution.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Yeah, the limiting factor for us will be social distancing, too. We're working on figuring out how many we can accommodate. My days are mostly taken up by babysitting a toddler (and a 21-year old and 27-year old) . Since I'm "essential personnel" at church, I'm one of 5 who has been attending; my remaining free time mostly goes to putting together the church bulletin for distribution.
                              If I recall, you have a heart problem and you are in a high risk category. Be safe!

Comment

• CP, Did you ever get your new fancy camera? Last Sunday's sermon looked the same.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X