Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Job Security Jesus Style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Security Jesus Style.

Jesus said;““No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. “For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?“And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life’s span?“And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these.“But if God so arrays the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you, O men of little faith?“Do not be anxious then, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘With what shall we clothe ourselves?’“For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.“Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:24–34 (NASB)

For those needing work or seeking a closer walk with the Lord, this works. But it's a matter of getting your priorities in order. Working for money as an end in itself is sin. You cannot serve God and money. But if you work as a matter of faith in God's word because He tells you so, this is the solution. I gave up my career in my 20s and began living the Sermon on the Mount. And never missed a day's work until I retired. In obedience to God's word, I began working dead-end part-time jobs. But performing them to God's glory. In time one door would open and another close. But I always had work and needs to be met. Even in recessions and a few job closings, I always had work the next work-day. I also became free from prescription medicine even now. Many years later.

I retired early from my own pocket and debt-free. The key is working any job in obedience to God and walking through the door he opens. It's a great opportunity to witness to many people where they can see your fruit in action. This works!

Once as a factory manager, the owners wanted more production without paying the workers a fair wage. I refused unless they gave everyone an increased wage. I knew this would terminate my job eventually. I held firm and they came through. I was 50 or so at the time where finding a job would be impossible for most. I happily trained my replacement teaching him everything I know, knowing God would provide a new job. This he did including a higher wage and better benefits that led to a lucrative early retirement on my own dime, ten years later!

Comment