Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Something I have learned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I have learned.

Not a single one of us has lived a perfect life. We have all in some way broken a law. Not a law of a town or country ,but an absolute moral law. In essence we commit high treason. Yet we are all given a chance. A pardon if you will. It however is no get out of jail free card.
    I have realized that the more I learn and experience my faith the more I understand just how perilous our situation seems. Our very nature one that is selfish and wants to disregard the rules any time we cant bend them. However there was one man who did something incredible. Something only God is capable of. He lived a sinless life and died a horrible death to save humanity.
    We all have people we would gladly bleed for, but to do so for everyone it seems at first ridiculous. However now I see it as the truest love.
    I have learned that this isnt some sentimentality. This love challenges you. It forces you to take a long look at yourself and you might just end up saying " I am a bad person". Then however it does something amazing. It reminds you how far you have come. You might have been tempted or perhaps fighting minutes before but it is there. To discipline you and when forgiveness comes to show you how far you have come and the goal with which we struggle a lifetime. Santification.
    sigpic
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X