Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

We all need a little encouragement

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all need a little encouragement

I certainly don't need to remind anybody that 2020 has been a year full of challenge and change. We've all faced things that no other generation has seen in a hundred years, and life has been hard and frustrating and many times sorrowful.

But, despite the "winds of change" that rage around us, those who belong to Jesus Christ need to remember that God is still on His throne. He is sovereign, and all that goes on is never a surprise to Him. He cares for us and is always with us.

We first heard this song by the Gettys and Stuart Townsend a few years ago, sung by Grace Chung at Grace Community Church. This is an older version (2010) of the one we heard, and the sound quality is not the best, but I've included the lyrics. Still, My Soul Be Still has become a beloved favourite of ours, and the words are so encouraging.

Take heart, brothers and sisters! We are in God's hands regardless of our circumstances!

Still, my soul be still
    And do not fear
    Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
    God is at your side
    No longer dread
    The fires of unexpected sorrow

God, You are my God
    And I will trust in You and not be shaken
    Lord of peace renew
    A steadfast spirit within me
    To rest in You alone

Still, my soul be still
    Do not be moved
    By lesser lights and fleeting shadows
    Hold onto His ways
    With shield of faith
    Against temptation's flaming arrows

God, You are my God
    Lord of peace renew
    To rest in You alone

Still, my soul be still
    Do not forsake
    The truth you learned in the beginning
    Wait upon the Lord
    And hope will rise
    As stars appear when day is dimming

God, You are my God
    Lord of peace renew
    To rest in You alone

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.