Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Inspirational Christian Quotes:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G.K. Chesterton:

Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      G.K. Chesterton:

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried.
      Rippa. I've been trying to locate that quote for quite a while.
      sigpic1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Comment

Theologians have been willing to go to great exegetical lengths to reconcile large portions of scripture with their understanding of God’s metaphysical attributes. Hence, any scripture that ascribed change or suffering to God was typically interpreted to depict God as he appears to us, not as he actually is.[1]

[1] Gregory A Boyd. The Crucifixion of the Warrior God: Interpreting the Old Testament’s Violent Portraits of God in the Light of the Cross Volumes 1&2 (sample). (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2017), KL 679-681

sigpic1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Rippa. I've been trying to locate that quote for quite a while.
          It's from his What's Wrong with the World (bottom of the third paragraph of Part 1 Chapter V. "The Unfinished Temple").I've only read his Orthodoxy, and that was some time ago.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It's from his What's Wrong with the World (bottom of the third paragraph of Part 1 Chapter V. "The Unfinished Temple").I've only read his Orthodoxy, and that was some time ago.
            Not a bad read - I find this comment rather refreshing:
            History does not consist of completed and crumbling ruins; rather it consists of half-built villas abandoned by a bankrupt-builder.

Comment

When Mary of Bethany anointed the Lord with her costly ointment, it was for Him and Him alone that she did it. However, the Scriptures tell us that the perfume filled the room, and all who were there were blessed and privileged to enjoy the lovely fragrance. So it is with any service done for the love, honor, and glory of Christ; it benefits all of God's people.-Joe Terrell

Comment

Did Jesus once upon me shine,Then Jesus is for ever mine.”-CH Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
                  Did Jesus once upon me shine,Then Jesus is for ever mine.”-CH Spurgeon
                  The "Prince of Preachers"

I always like this one

"…the best “apology” for the gospel is to let the gospel out. Never mind defending Deuteronomy or the whole of the Pentateuch. Preach Jesus Christ and him crucified. The Lion of the tribe of Judah will soon drive away all his adversaries."

Comment

Spurgeon is indeed good!

"He who communes with God is always at home."
                    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment