Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer and Update Thread: For Mrs. H's Job Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Two days in...there are some oddities about the place, to be sure. The work is fairly simple and repetitive, which Mrs H doesn't mind at all...but we'll be proactive about informing them about her limited vision this time. There may or may not be an issue with meeting certain "production quotas"...we don't know what they are yet, she was just told that a certain speed is expected. Possibly she can meet the expectations without accommodation.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Turns out the quota isn't too imposing. Mrs H thinks she'll manage.

Even so I'm enacting a plan to make Tekton "bombproof"...I won't be at liberty to reveal details since it would reveal other people's personal business. Suffice to say, if Mrs H ends up jobless again, there won't be any major concern because of that alone.

Comment

Mrs H has asked me to update...

To begin...we successfully did what was needed to make Tekton "bombproof". Now, if Mrs H does need to be (or is) out of work, it won't spell the end of ministry (by itself) for a very, very long time.

Now as to the current job....Mrs H has met the quota some days and not others. There's too many factors involved, not just her vision disability but also the fact that at times, this place's computers like to freeze up...and sometimes she can't get on a computer right away...the place is a bit chaotic, and we're still looking for a better situation for her regardless.

As it happens, several good situations are on the horizon right now. One of them is particularly appealing: The job she held over ten years ago, in the classification department of the prison, has opened up again. Yes, it's still a risky place to be, but she'd have much less contact with inmates than in the medical department. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

There's a couple of others of interest, including a county corrections job. Mrs H asks for, and thanks you for, the continued prayers.

Oh and one other note of interest...as a backup for extra income, and to make sure I can still treat Mrs H to date nights even if income falls short...I've once again taken up an old, "bad habit" of mine..."mystery shopping". I used to do this a lot back in my 20s. I did shops on restaurants and banks, mostly: I used to do Bennigan's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Perkins, Hot 'n Now, Pizzeria Uno, and a few more I keep forgetting. It's a great way to get a good meal at no price...maybe even get a meal and get paid to eat it. Sure has changed a lot though. I never used to be asked to take pictures of my food in the restaurant. Now that's normal to do.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

You could become an Uber driver and preach to people while taking them around town.

Comment

I don't think I want weird people in my new Prius C.

I like mystery shopping better. There's a delivery pizza on the way right now that's going to get its picture taken.

EDIT: And just now, I snagged another pizza shop for next week.
                  Last edited by jpholding; 08-26-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                    So how do YOU get in?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post

I like mystery shopping better. There's a delivery pizza on the way right now that's going to get its picture taken.

EDIT: And just now, I snagged another pizza shop for next week.
                      There was this one place we tried in Florida(not far from Fort St. Lucy I believe) that smelled awesome when they brought it, but it literally had no taste. I still wonder how that was even possible. Maybe they make Italian food themed air fresheners, and they just sprayed that on the box?

ETA: Especially weird now that I remember how much they say taste is related to smell.

Comment

Comment

A Prius????

Are you some sort of hippie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            A Prius????

Are you some sort of hippie?
                            No...I'm some sort of stingy miser.

musicalscrooge02.jpg

I haven't kept Tekton alive by purchasing air-conditioned doghouses all my life.

I'll have you all know that with a Prius, and with getting paid 55 cents a mile for my USDA job, this car actually MAKES me money at 52 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              So how do YOU get in?
                              I'm not weird, I'm clinically insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                There was this one place we tried in Florida(not far from Fort St. Lucy I believe) that smelled awesome when they brought it, but it literally had no taste. I still wonder how that was even possible. Maybe they make Italian food themed air fresheners, and they just sprayed that on the box?
                                I wouldn't put it past them. The one I got this evening was OK....just OK. I needed a magnifying glass to find most of the toppings.

Comment