Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer and Update Thread: For Mrs. H's Job Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would insist you do it online. Probably. One could call them...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
      How about mailing them a resume instead...maybe with her reference letters attached, like the one from the guy who heads medical for Florida DC?
      Do you know who to mail it to personally? You can try that if it's going to a specific person - but if it goes to a department, it's probably going in the waste basket.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Do you know who to mail it to personally? You can try that if it's going to a specific person - but if it goes to a department, it's probably going in the waste basket.
        If anyone can find the name of a specific person...it's me.

Comment

Sigh...

Fight fire with fire. Redo the same resume with a lot of help from Google to include a different key word set. Do this several times. Send them independently. Yes, I'm saying apply multiple times for the same job.

It's their own fault for using a stupid system with an obvious workaround. If you select by keywords, it's perfectly fair for an applicant to tailor their resumes accordingly. If you're dumb enough to make it a blind test, don't be surprised to get five applications from the same person...
          Yeah, my dad had like 15 resumes which stated the same things with different key words, it's a useful strategy.
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

If anyone can find the name of a specific person...it's me.
            True...

The cover letter should start with a request to the person to review the material. Most will look it over if they are asked - many will not once they realize it's an application and they aren't asked.

Humans - can't live with them, can play with their minds...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The cover letter should start with a request to the person to review the material. Most will look it over if they are asked - many will not once they realize it's an application and they aren't asked.
              True that indeed. Maybe also add in that Mrs H's visual impairment makes slogging through the online process extremely burdensome (also absolutely true), and maybe that adds a new twist...

Comment

Interview tomorrow morning...a medical records storage company. Looks interesting and they seemed eager to have her come in. Prayers requested, please!

Comment

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

So far we've put her in for 22 jobs in 2 weeks...with 1 phone interview so far.
                    That sounds fairly typical. Maybe even better than the norm. Especially if you're applying online where the competition is huge.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Well...looks like we have a job offer! Just have to pass the background check and all that jazz.

It's an interesting work shift, too.... 3-11 PM. Mrs H doesn't mind at all, she's always preferred to stay up late.

Tentative start date is Monday.

Mrs H thanks everyone here and asks for continued prayers for the new situation.

Comment

Outstanding! Wonderful news, and it's good that your time of uncertainty has been quite short.
                          ...because every forum needs a Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by JimboJSR View Post
                            Outstanding! Wonderful news, and it's good that your time of uncertainty has been quite short.
                            Thank you...an upcoming goal for the next few months will be to see to it that we never have that uncertainty again...even if Mrs H goes out of work once more. Details later, let's just say it probably involves her joining Tekton's staff, so to speak, as I have some plans that will have some use for someone to handle certain clerical duties.

If the Passantinos could do it....so can we.

Comment

The new job starts tomorrow! Mrs H asks for continued prayer as she ventures in.

And we heard news that made it appear a good thing she left the prison...her former supervisor there, a very competent woman, was just let go two weeks ago...over some triviality. More likely the private co. needed an excuse to hire someone at much lower pay, because they were told they were not going to get more money this year. Pleae pray for her former boss as well.
                              Last edited by jpholding; 07-27-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Great news. Sometimes God has to boot us out cause we don't go by ourselves.

Praying the new job is a good fit.
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment