Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My brother's MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother's MS

My brother has has a very slowly progressing multiple sclerosis for about 15 years now. He does his best to stay fit and active, mostly successfully, but viruses take a severe toll on him, and sometimes he has attacks where he is completely exhausted for no apparent reason. In the really rare severe attacks (the first of which alerted us to his condition in the first place), he loses all sensation down one side of his body. He also has a (I think 9-year-old) strongly autistic son who is very attached to him, and requires physical play with to calm him down (picking him up, swinging him round) when he gets anxious, so his sudden losses of energy are a serious problem.

I just heard from my mum that his attacks have been getting more frequent and he's been off work for the last week, so any prayers for him would be greatly appreciated.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Thanks, everyone

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

He's had a lot of tests, an a few more are scheduled to be sure, but the doctor in charge of his case now thinks that it's not progressive MS at all, just a persistent low-level MS that occasionally flares up, with no overall degradation over time. Infections hit him very hard, and can sometimes cause a flare-up. Overall good news, if it's confirmed, a lot more manageable and a less scary prospect. His workplace is very understanding, and allows him to work from home whenever he needs to, he's ben doing better and worked two and a half days this last week.

A Hope That Burns

Comment

God be praised!!!

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment