Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

A friend has lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend has lung cancer

My old boss, who is also a friend of mine, just found out he has lung cancer. He is currently in the hospital. They did a biopsy on the spot they found in an X-ray. The problem was that the biopsy caused part of his lung to collapse, so now he is in the hospital with a tube draining his chest. He will be in there until sometime this weekend.

His name is Mike. He is not a Christian, and I have tried to talk to him about Jesus before, and he seems to just not care (basically a soft agnostic)

So please pray for Mike's health, that they have caught the cancer in time to treat it, and that this brings an opportunity for me or someone else to speak with him about Jesus.

I am going to tell him that he has people all over the world praying for him!

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

They let him go home yesterday. He is still weak and they have not given him the results of the biopsy other than to say it was cancer, and they haven't given him their plan of action yet. Keep praying that they caught it early enough to treat it and that it has not spread anywhere else. Thank you!

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment